Live Stream

I know this a terribly stupid question and I should already know this, and I'm not even sure this is the right part of the forum to ask. But... I have a dog at home and we leave her out when we're at work and such. It's always been a mystery as to what she does. I don't want to record it, but if I have a webcam on my laptop(PC) is there a way I can live stream throughout the day from my iPhone 4s without my computer shutting down? (It would be plugged in and unreachable by the dog)

Emmmm weird question :P 

Make a justin.tv account and stream your webcam on that. Place the laptop somewhere good and plug it in then you can leave it and check the webcam online.

Does that help?

And as far as keeping the pc from going into sleep mode, you go to control panel, system and security, power options, and on the left there should be Change When the Computer Sleeps, adjust that for however long you want and you should be good. Just dont forget to change it back when you are done

Thanks for the solution. I now know I have a very energetic dog... Works beautifully.