Linux Phone Hub

I’ll give it a go later when I get some time to reflash.

1 Like

It’s amazing how much more responsive the phone feels, but as far as I can tell everything’s still broken in Lomiri, so definitely still not dailyable most unfortunately.

1 Like

F

1 Like

The sound is very loud. I recommend turning your volume all the way down before hitting play. Lol

2 Likes

KDE PinePhone is up.

1 Like

[Excitement intensifies]

5 Likes

Has anyone gotten display out working with a 3rd party USB-C dock? I already own one and am having no luck, at least on PmOS.

Some people have with certain usb c laptop-like thingeys

I got an output with Manjaro Posh, but i didn’t try anything with it. It was a very quick test, and I saw it display the background, but I couldn’t figure out how to get an application on it. I think I know now, but haven’t messaged with it again.

1 Like

In that thread, Wendell says:

It’s neat, but isn’t ready for the masses yet.

Apparently not enough people understood that before buying Pinephones.

I absolutely love this decision, though I’m sure it’s going to ruffle a few feathers.

5 Likes

Im holding off for whenever they release a Pinephone Pro

Honestly, it’s perfectly performant for what it needs to do.

The Convergence Edition basically is the Pro. It’s a got a similar performance bump from the base version as the PBP has over the PB.

If Pine releases a more premium case, it will be sold as a case, like they sell glass screen protectors.

1 Like

Except it’s just more ram I thought.

2 Likes

I’ve picked up two more phones to join the Linux phone collection.

Redmi 7 & a Nexus 5. Both these are supposed to run Ubuntu Touch pretty good. At least a lot better than the PinePhone as it is now.

Is the redmi 7 a relatively recent phone?

Though idk if I want yet another phone…

https://m.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_7-9498.php

It is less than 2 years old. I’m definitely not suggesting anyone gets it before I even try it. I’m just teasing my next project, but I am on the hunt for a good dailyable Linux phone.

I’m working on setting up a recording area, and I’m going to hold off on playing with these until I get that somewhat done.

Nice.

Same. New android updates are pushing some Orwellian as fuck features.

I can live without spotify.

3 Likes

oh you little.

Fucking lit

1 Like

Supposedly Ubuntu Touch is working on getting Android apps working, and they’ll run in containers.

Soon™. I want to be setup by the weekend.

3 Likes