Linux noobs adventures to get Nixos working as media server

Thx for the help there. After this thread, I decided to settle on Debian for my home server. After having also read on the Perfect Home Server blog and some others, and looking into it, I will instead try Nixos first.

Wolfgangs channel.

I realise the extra challenge but also the beenefits, and since I can dual boot and most hardware should work out of the box with the new GUI installers, I try at solve one issue at a time the Rougue One/Martian strategy. Either I solve one problem at a time, and eventually get it working, or at some point I trow in the towel, because I hit a wall and my chances are spend. Nix provide a roll back feature, so if something breaks bad I can roll it back. It also provide an ungrade path. I will need to make Github place as will for config files & version control.
So the plan is to install Nix w KDE Plasma. Plasma should also provide remote access via RDP if setup.

I need to setup fan control as a service, Samba, and later Emby maybe in a container. Security.
Frist, I will give the install a try and see if things work, and if I understand the way to set it up.
My system consist of an 14400 w igpu, MSI 790, 32GB, Intel E810-DA2, some media disks.


And Vimjoyer.

There are some help as well, and I have also looked at the threads here on Nixos, and I have been looking into most of the issues already, to ensure its not a totally blank page.