Linux Host, Windows Guest, already over my Budget

First things first: Already thanks for your help. Haven’t build a PC in ages (15 years or so).
Second, i don’t care about RGB.
I’m hoping i answered every important Question. If not, feel free to ask me. Trying to answer asap. Can’t wait to finally build a PC again, of course with your help.

To make things easier around here just include some extra info so we can tailor you better.

• Budget. How much are you willing to spend? - 2000,00 €
  • Where do you live (what country, don’t post specific details), and what currency do you use? Germany, €
  • Is there a retailer you prefer? - Don’t prefer a specific Retailer
  • Do you need or already have peripherals? (this can add to costs) - Need Peripherals, but these are not included in the Budget
  • What will you be using your Glorious computer for? Gaming? Rendering? Mix of both? Or is this a home media PC or Steam Box? - Linux (I think i will use Manjaro) as the Host, Windows 10 as the Guest for Gaming and passthrough the Graphics Card and the M2 SSD
  • Do you overclock or want to get into overclocking? - Overclocking maybe later
  • Do you plan on going for custom water-cooling now, or in the future? - I don’t think so, Aio is fine for now
  • Operating System. Do you need a new one? Yes, as i said before Linux for the Host, Win10 as the Guest for Gaming

If you Game

• What kind of settings do you like or what FPS do you want to play at? - At least 100
  • What resolution will you be playing at? //or would like to play at. - Hm, i think 1080p with high details is better than 4k and shitty fps
  • What kind of games do you like to play? Shooter, Racing
  • What specific game will you be playing? - Planning to play Metro, Assasins Creed Tomb Raider etc.

If you don’t have peripherals

• What kind of keyboard do you prefer? - Still testing, not important for now
  • What type of mouse-grip do you have? - Still testing, not important for now
  • What kind of games do you play? Shooter, Racing
  • What size monitor are you looking for, and what resolution? Screen type (IPS, S-IPS, TN, etc.) ,hertz (60, 120, etc.) - 32:10 would be a Dream. Wanted to use the all of the Screen when only the Host is running, divide by half when the Guest is running, Definetly 144Hz

Other Notes:
I’m really liking the new AMD CPU’s, Problem is, they are not having a Graphics Unit. This means i would have to buy a second Graphics Card. So should i go with an Intel Core i7-9700K Build instead?
Since i’m already over 2k right now and not having a Aio Watercooler i’m pretty much stuck with the Part picking.
I’m also pretty unsure about the Mainboard if it has enough vrms and if the Power Supply has enough power.

What I’ve chosen so far:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 3.9 GHz 8-Core Processor (€394.00 @ Caseking)
Motherboard: MSI X570-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard (€179.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory (€153.89 @ Alternate)
Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (€76.88 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (€176.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 5700 8 GB Evoke OC Video Card
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case (€96.93 @ Mindfactory)
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 550 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (€99.00 @ ARLT)
Monitor: Samsung C49J890DKE 48.9" 3840x1080 144 Hz Monitor
Total: €1177.59
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-09-16 21:32 CEST+0200

Makes a total of around 2207,55€

Sorry, i somehow can’t post Links, otherwise i would post a List of pcpartpicker

Thanks again for your Help.

Well, just a few short inputs:

1. It’s Germany, not Deutschland :smiley:

2. In most reviews I’ve taken a glance at, it is recommended to pick the 3700X over the 3800X since it has a better value proposition

3. You’re going overboard with the SSDs, pick one NVME. Personally, I’d go with the ADATA XPG 8200Pro (There is a review for this one on the channel).

4. This GPU sucks, pick any other after market 5700 but the Evoke. MSI messed up the thermal pads. (Source: [1], [2])

5. 32:9 is awesome! I have the big brother. Don’t exactly know if 1080p isn’t too pixelated, but 32:9 is the more convenient VR in my opinion.

Remember that @w1nni is passing one through and using the other for the host.

You can get a second low end graphics card for less than the around €80 delta between the 9900k and the 3800x, so if you are concerned about the cost, getting a second graphics card might be better. Also, the 3700x is probably a better fit for your budget then the 3800x with around a €60 delta.

1 Like

I updated some Parts. What do you think? i wasn’t able to add the second Graphics Card in pcpartpicker. I’m still not sure about the VRMs, are they enough?
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor (€329.90 @ Caseking)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100x Liquid CPU Cooler (€83.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Motherboard: MSI X570-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard (€187.95 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory (€153.89 @ Alternate)
Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (€76.88 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (€176.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB PULSE Video Card (€437.99 @ Mindfactory)
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case (€98.74 @ Mindfactory)
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (€94.99 @ ARLT)
Monitor: Samsung C27JG50 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor
Monitor: Samsung C27JG50 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor
Total: €1641.23
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-09-17 21:40 CEST+0200
The Host Graphics Card will be a XFX Radeon RX 550 Core Edition, 2GB GDDR5.
This makes a total of 2171,10€

Shaved 70€ of your PC, by picking the parts on mindfactory
link

Just an FYI Manjaro isn’t the best when it comes to VFIO. Arch is best.
"
Manjaro is not required as a host OS for KVM/Qemu. Nearly any Linux distribution will work. That said, we recommend against using Manjaro, Ubuntu, Mint, and a few other distributions, because they make the setup process more difficult or make support problematic. In Manjaro’s case, it isn’t fully compatible with its base distribution, Arch Linux. Far fewer people are familiar with Manjaro’s anachronisms than Arch, and the superficial similarity usually leads people astray. If you want access to Arch’s bleeding edge software without the hassle of setting it up, I recommend using one of many upstream faithful Arch-based distros, like Antergos, Anarchy Linux, or SwagArch.
"