Linux FPS, single player, good sniping?

Hey guys, I'm in Nairobi for another month, and the only internet access I have is pretty slow, so I'm looking for a singleplayer FPS that is slower paced, and more strategy based. I've played a good bit of Skyrim, but that's about it. I really enjoyed a slower, more technical pace in Skyrim, building up sneaking abilities and whatnot. Something sniper related would be great.

As for my system, I'm running Mint 18 on a Lenovo Y700 (i7-6700HQ, R9 M375), and therein lies the rub. I don't want to mess around with Windows. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

R9 M375 is not so powerful card so you should probably play some older titles:

I think you can try:
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
It's not pure FPS but stealthed approach is standard in this game.

You can play Half-Lifes(1, 2, 2: episodes) if you didn't finish them yet or want to refresh these absolute classics. They are really cheap (-93%) on steam now:

http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/231/HalfLife_Complete/

Maybe Counter-Strike: Condition Zero which is actually classic Counter-Strike Single Player.

If borderlands works on linux I'd definitely give that a shot

1 Like

Assuming you can run all of these, here are some good titles.

• Borderlands
  • Metro: Last Light
  • Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (This may be especially hard to run)
  • The Serious Sam games (Very fast paced, but great for single-player purposes)

Will edit if I think of anything else.

DOOM (2016), If it runs well on the m375. It apparently is also possible through wine. I have heard that it is pretty well optimized on amd. Not much of a sniping game mentioned in the OP

Also check out Hex DSL, for Linux games. The guy trys out games that are compatible with linux
https://m.youtube.com/user/hexdsl

I am currently playing through single player mode and it is fun ripping demons in half. The movement also feels very fluid and fast pace

Thanks for the feedback! @tikeri I'm going to go with Half-Life. I figure you can't go wrong for 99 cents. The other ones will go on my to play list.