Linux distro / File explorer with Windows-like UX/Shortcuts

I am currently on Linux(Nobara), since ~6 months.
Things are mediocre. My most pressing issue is: I still feel no resemblance of home/ getting in the zone. Every time I am on the Desktop, I feel locked out. I cannot get in the “zone” as I do on my WorkPC (Win10).

Therefore my question is: Is there a Distro, or at least File explorer that has Windows-UX and Windows-keyboard shortcuts per default. Or is there a Github repo with a collections of settings which achieves that?
I am not talking about optics like the startbutton design, aero-glass, window-shadows, …
I mean things that are 2nd nature and i dont even think about, e.g. for file explorer:

  • left-click drag&drop (no context menu)
  • right-click drag&drop (context menu)
  • alt+d (select title bar / edit bread crumbs)
  • f2 (edit file names)
  • selection (not filter!) by typing
  • …

I googled this a lot and came up blank. Everything i tested did not even pass 50% of the mentioned points. Am I crazy, but i cannot be the only one with like 20+ years of muscle memory engraved into my brain?! I will spent the short-term (probably my entire) work-future on Windows.

If somebody wants to start a project: I would be down.
If there is a company which sells a solution: Works for me as well.

Have you looked at Nemo it does pass the 50% bar, its missing your alt-d and right click and drag. Not sure your going to find a 100% like for like replacement. Nemo has plugins, although i only use the file-roller plugin, id wonder if there are enough to get you fairly close to what you want if you like the base nemo.

i guess a better place to start would be what have you tried?