Linux Build, Davinci Resolve, Windows VM (Threadripper?)

I want to do a pc build.

Main purposes:

• Video Editing
  • Web Development
  • Gaming

In that order.

I can do all of my web dev on Linux and have for the past 6 years. I’m only starting to do Video editing more seriously. I plan to use Davinci Resolve 15 under Linux. I also want a Windows VM for Davinci Resolve, or Adobe Premiere if Resolve is unstable or unperformant under linux. I’ve heard a bit of back and forth on whether this is the case or not. The Windows VM would also be used for playing Windows only titles, such as COD Blackops 4.

My Plan

• Threadripper 2950x
  • 32gb ddr4 3200 ram
  • Vega 64 Host
  • GTX 1080 Guest
  • 1000watt PSU
  • Buttloads of storage. (M.2 for boot/root, 2nd M.2 for Home and then Spinning drives for storing rendered video files)

I’m posting here because I have read differing information on here about how well/easily this will work as far as the windows vm is concerned. I’d ideally like to use looking glass. I don’t mind spending some time on the initial setup, but I don’t want to deal with something that is likely going to break repeatedly and often. If it is possible, I’d love some motherboard recommendations or GPU combinations to best suit my needs. Any help would be appreciated. If this is simply a pipedream, knowing that would be good as well.

Thanks.