Linus built a $69 PC that only cost $200

Dual core Pentium and 2 GB of Ram 500 GB Hard disk 20 bucks.

1 Like

I already said I believed you but again I have not seen much of this or well any of this when I looked over the years. I wish these sort of deals showed up in the Sarnia ON area which is my area.

Over the past few months, Linus' content quality has suffered from major degradation and I cant take him that seriously anymore

I unsubbed from his channel a long time ago.

1 Like

Seems like most techtubers have diluted their videos to clickbaity titles and thumbnails, with very little content; I'm looking in your direction Joker|Productions..
Shit's gotta stop.

2 Likes

Its because they all just follow what LTT is doing because that is sadly where the money is.

2 Likes

Funny thing is I wrote something similar as a joke when Linus built 2000$ machine for his wife and got immediately attacked by all the SJWs for being sexist. And yet here you are proving my point that girls in general don't care much about computer stuff outside of email, facebook and youtube.

always relevant:

2 Likes

What Linus does works. The channels trying to 'maintain integrity' are getting peanuts in comparison because it doesn't work. You can hate the clickbait but the majority speaks against you and it shows in his channel growth the last 4 years.

3 Likes

Linus has made a video regarding this.

The reason is basically "because Youtube incentivized this."

Lots of people are doing it because of that, and it won't stop. Most views are coming from new subscribers and not old ones, so most channels have little reason to keep the same type of content since it doesn't keep old subscribers watching.

It isn't gonna stop until Youtube fixes their shit, but they aren't, because they're Youtube. They don't do that.

You are right, but that doesn't make it a good thing. Which is very unfortunate.