Linode Pricing Plan

So im finally getting around to creating a plex account on linode to host my server. honestly i should have gone this route a long time ago…

Im looking at the pricing https://www.linode.com/pricing/

I am wondering what yall’s pricing tier experience has been on performance and amount of devices/quality.

also there isnt a tag for linode.

Just courious, what kind of storage and how much do you need for this? Have you calculated the cost?

Also, if it helps. My jellyfin, wich does the same job as plex, runs on 8GB’s of RAM. But thats on local network and it doesn’t do any transcoding.

@oytal yea but plex offers the free movies right now. which ive been using. I’ve tried jellyfin. not a fan. 1tb of storage is enough for now. probably going to upgrade to 2gb w/ 2 cores. 2-3 devices

Yeah I didn’t try to convince you to use Jellyfin btw, just a comparison on the system resources :slight_smile:

I didn’t know plex offered free media now, cool. I mean it’s easy to upgrade if you need. Just start with whatever you want and scale up if you need.

1 Like

@oytal yea but plex offers the free movies right now. which ive been using. I’ve tried jellyfin. not a fan. 1tb of storage is enough for now. probably going to upgrade to 2gb w/ 2 cores. 2-3 devices