Libtorrent requires boost

I recently was using virt-v2v to convert an ova when I got anerror like so (I don’t have the exact output, sorry),

nbdkit is not installed or not working. Required for -o disk.

So I downloaded nbdkit from the aur. But go a compile time problem with libtorrent, in config.hpp on line 50 boost is included

#include <boost/config.hpp>

The libtorrent package does not label boost as a dependency (Installing boost fixed the compile problem). Am I wrong? If it is a problem, where should I go or who should I inform of this?

I’ve been using arch for a bit now, but have not really contributed in any way. So I’m unsure of what to do here.

AUR (en) - nbdkitPKGBUILD - aur.git - AUR Package Repositories There seems to be rather recent activity so are you using the latest tree?

No idea how you compile packages in AUR but it’s listed there, it’s can be that they’re not doing “treewide” testbuilds when bumping (lib)boost (which btw breaks a lot of things between releases) which is causing issues. Having a quick look at nbdkit itself it seems to only require libtorrent-rasterbar (yes, there is quite a bit a different between that and libtorrent) when using the bittorrent plugin so it shouldn’t be a hard requirement (see GitHub - libguestfs/nbdkit: Read only mirror of https://gitlab.com/nbdkit/nbdkit). I have no idea if there’s an IRC channel (or similar) for package mantainers/users/support for Arch otherwise I guess you need to leave a comment and provide as much information as possible.