LG 34UC97-S diplay port problem with Turing Card

Hi Everyone,

Small background first, since it’s my first post. I’m an IT manager for two breweries in Quebec for the last 5 years. Before that I’ve been in different position in IT consulting companies since the early 2000. English is my second language so if something seems odd in my sentence that’s may be why. I had my fair share of troubleshooting from simple to complex IT problems.

But this one is frustrating and I’m at the end of my idea. Since I changed my Quadro P400 in my PC to Nvidia T600 I got artifact in my screen an LG 34UC97-S and I’m able to replicate the problem with a Geforce GTX 1660. All my troubleshooting point to a monitor problem, all the step will be detail later. I tried to contact LG support and the best answer they gave me is reset to factory default the screen. I found out an old article in german that say there is a new firmware 3.16 and you need to contact support, right now no reply on that front from LG

This monitor is more than enough for my needs and works with my laptop connected with my dock in thunderbolt flawlessly or with older gpu. I don’t want to change it “just for that” and I know it’s not the card since the problem is present on an other turing card or is not present on two others 1440p monitors

Why not connect the monitor in HDMI ? Not hdmi 2.0 so only 30hz at the native resolution.
Why not get a refund for the T600 I pass the 15 day online return.
Why not get another card, because we are in the GPU shortage and I won’t pay inflated price for playing one or twice a week.
Why not go back to you P400 that you had no problem, not really good to play games and it was a place holder until I found something more capable.

This monitor followed my through a lot of pc change without any problem of any kind.
It’s only since I put a Turing card in my pc. As I stated earlier I was able to borrow a Geforce 1660 with a Turing chip and I also and got the same issues. I was not able to test any more recent card for one simple fact, try to find one in January 2022. I will try to borrow an RX6700XT or a Geforce 3060 that will give me more hints on if it’s specific to Turing.

My setup :
I have an Lenovo X1 Extreme Gen 1 connected in TB3 to my dock and connected in Display port to my Dell 24" U2417H and to my LG 34UC97-S by thunderbolt 3 to 2 adapter to the monitor. Again no problem for years. My desktop pc is connected to my to monitor my dell 24" in mini display port and to my LG 34" in Display port with the dongle provided by PNY mini dp to dp

PC Specs :
AMD R5 2600x, 32 gb 3200mhz, 1tb WD SN750, Intel AX200 card for wifi and BT in pcie x1, X520 one port sfp+ card in pcie x4. PNY NVIDIA T600 4Gb card in the pcie x16.

Troubleshooting I tried and resolve the issue.
Contact LG for firmware, no news yet …
Reset the monitor to factory default.
Tried to video capture it and the graphical problem was not captured.
Disconnect any other monitor of pc.
Enable Display Port 1.2 (The graphic glitch is gone but my monitor blink to a black screen randomly or I will have horizontal line of garbage for half a sec. Best way to describe it is like if you have a bad hdmi 2.0 cable on your tv and the signal drop and your screen goes black come back)
I thought it was something with DP1.4 but my GF1060 and P400 are DP1.4 and never got a problem
OS related since I’m on linux, I changed the SSD with a fresh new install of Win10 21H2, the driver was not installed still on basic microsoft driver same problem.
Tried different lentgh of cable, from 6 to 10ft, direct mini dp to dp, I also bought a brand new 10ft dp1.4 vesa certifieed, in case it was something with the signal.
Tried connecting two displays with similar resolution or spec just newer an LG 32GK60W also a 1440p in 16x9 without problem. I connected both monitor at the same time my 34" and 32" the 34" got the graphic problem. I took my LG 34UM88C-P from work to try it, no problem so far. Not my monitor so I can’t keep it.
I borrowed a Asus Geforce 1660 and got the same video corruption.

To try :
Change my desktop power supply ? I saw some weird problem resolve that way, mine is a ~5years old Corsair CX600
Bring a PC from work and try the T600 in that PC on my monitor ?

It’s seems to be more frequent after I come back and the monitor went on standby. But that not alway the case I can reboot or power off the monitor and I will get the problem.

Any idea would be appreciated or if you have the firmware and procedure to update the monitor wow! that will be more than welcome.

I cannot upload since I am new nor I can post link to my gdrive for the video of my screen. Let me know if you want to see the problem and I will find a way to share it.

Thanks everyone

Hi,
Quick followup, I was able to speak with a repair center for an firmware upgrade and it’s seems that the north american verison of this monitor does not have an firmware update. The european one as a firmware but will not work on my unit.

I tried my card in my friend pc and got the same result. When we leave his Geforce 3070 we don’t have that problem.
A friend lent me is RX580 and I don’t have any problem for now.
The new driver did not solved the problem,

The problem is there only on 60hz

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.