LG 29UM67P: 21:9 Goodness - Does it Suck? [Quick Dirty Review]

NECRO, AWAY!

@Kat that backlight bleed has me worried, my Benq's have a bit of it, it kinda bugs me.

I have the 34 inch version of this and I can tell you the backlight bleed isn't really that noticeable. When the screen is completely black you can kinda see it. Other than that no issues

34'' would have a different panel though, and backlight could be different.

It's the same IPS panel. just in a 34inch variant. but the backlight bleed is not THAT noticeable.

lol I'm just worried it will bug me and make me hate the monitor, I usually do things in a dark room. I'm interested in watching movies on that thing though, I feel like that would be amazing.

it will if the game or movie supports it.

Have you tried it?

I don't have blu-rays or any movies on my PC. so no. but games that support 21:9 look amazing.

Hm, the pixel density seems a little low though, but the only other option is 4k and I know my PC isn't ready for that.

it's 1080p that's why. though this is the most crisp monitor I've ever seen in my life. it's ridiculously crisp for a monitor this cheap.

More crisp than 1440p?

no. but crisp than any other 1080p monitor i've used.

It's weird though... The LG sites lists it as being 60 Hz.

I think I might get this monitor and have my 27" 1440p korea panel on top. And I if decide to go crazy a 21" or 23" in portrait next to it. But that seems expensive.

I have the 25" model (LG 25UM56-P), absolutely love it. Not quite as nice as yours, no extras, only 60hz, only HDMI input, but fits my needs. Best display I've ever seen. Also, for gaming, you want your response time set to low, not high! You got that backwards, also not sure if yours has it, but there is 'Das Mode', this gets the response time even lower, really important for FPS games, make sure it's on. Though honestly whether in game or cinema mode, I can't really tell, feels just as fast as the TN panel I upgraded from. Got mine for $150 on newegg a few weeks ago, very happy. Would have considered the 29", but never went on sale.