LG 27UK850 Just the 27UD88-W in drag?

I currently have a 27UD88-W and I love the monitor, I use it as a docking station for my MacBook Pro so I can use that and charge with the USB-C connection at the back.

I updated my Desktop computer recently with the Radeon VII, and because it performs so well, I wanted to do some 4K gaming. I moved the 27UD88-W over from it’s wall mount to my desk to see if it works. And it’s pretty much flawless. It’s a beatfuil bright picture with amazing colors. I can’t sing the praises of this monitor enough. Especially amazing that I got it in 2017. The only down side to this monitor is the price. At ~$650, she aint cheap.

As I want to upgrade my desktop system’s monitors (I use three over there, so I’d need to buy 3 to replace what I have now.) I would like to get the 27UD88s all over again, but not have to sell a kidney to do it. Then I found the LGUK850-W. It seems that it’s the exact same monitor as the 27UD88-W, just in slightly different skin and with some updated UI tweaks.

Can anyone else confirm for me that these are actually the same panel in the background, and the only thing that has changed is the chassis and UI?

LG 27UK850-W
LG 27UD88-W

I have those two monitors attached to one machine. Not sure if the panel is the same but they look pretty identical. The 850K has a built-in speaker and the UD88-W does not (in case that matters to you). If I had to do it over again I’d probably just buy 2 850K’s . I had 1 850K to start but when I wanted to add a second, the UD88 was cheaper…looks like that might not be true now so get two 850s.

Thank you for confirming!