Level1Techs USB Mouse Roaming KM Switch Operation

I recently bought the Level1Techs USB Mouse Roaming KM Switch. I plugged in my mouse and keyboard to the KM switch and connected my one PC via a USB C (plugged into PC) to USB B (plugged into switch) cable. Mouse and keyboard are working great, but I cannot get the mouse to leave my main monitor (I have a 3 monitor setup). I’m assuming this is because mouse roaming is on. I’m trying to disable it through hotkeys, but every hot key I try results in the “beep low tune twice,” meaning it’s invalid. I’m trying Ctrl + Ctrl + Alt + Q + 0. Unsure of what I am doing wrong.

Any advice or videos would be appreciated since I’m having trouble finding an operation guide on youtube.

nkey rollover on? disable it. what keyboard and mouse? mouse roaming and keyboard shortcuts are very sensitive on the km switch given how it is supposed to operate. i.e. you need truly hid keyboard/mouse.

Keyboard is a Corsair K70. Mouse is a Razer Deathadder. Need to figure out how to disable nkey rollover if possible with the keyboard.

Basically I’m just trying to use this as a usb/audio switch for my main computer and laptop. Both devices are connected to the KM switch via USB and are connected to the monitors via displayport/hdmi. I’m not looking for the mouse roaming feature because both setups will occupy all 3 monitors at the same time (I switch between monitor inputs when switching back and forth between devices).

try bios mode for the k70. that’s probably the issue.

1 Like

Think I figured out the issue. I tried plugging my mouse into the USB 3.2 port and it travels all three displays. I guess when a computer mouse is plugged into an HID USB port it can only travel on the computer’s main monitor. Sorry if this led to any confusion. Still new to figuring out USB HID since this is the first time I’ve dealt with it. Switch is working properly now.

Hi, I’m having a similar issue where I can’t enable/disable the USB Mouse Roaming feature. I get the two low tone beeps meaning the hotkey input is invalid. I noticed that this only happens with hotkeys involving “ALT”. All the other hotkeys work as they should.

Anyway to troubleshoot this? I have a Logitech K120 keyboard so I’m suspecting that maybe that’s the issue since I can’t disable “nkey rollover” as mentioned at the top of this post. Is there a list of compatible keyboards that would be best to use? I was considering something from Ducky, but I wanted to be sure before purchasing.

Sorry to necro this thread and thanks in advance!

I also am having trouble disabling mouse roaming.
I am using the hotkey CTRL + CTRL + ALT (hold) + Q + 0.
This gives a double beep on the KM (USW-KM304).
My keyboard is a Corsair K95 Platinum XT, set in BIOS mode (which according to my Googling should disable N-Key rollover).

Any help would be much appreciated. In the meantime, I’m going to see if I can dig up an old keyboard from the garage just to input the hotkey.

Side note, but the mouse roaming on this device is impressive. I just can’t use it right now because I need one of the PCs to have multiple monitors. I had hoped that arranging the monitors on edges that would not be used for mouse roaming would allow them to work but sadly it did not.

EDIT: I just realized that at least some other hotkeys work fine. CTRL + CTRL + 1 ~ 4 all work to switch PCs, for example.

EDIT 2: I realized I was making a mistake with the hotkey entry. I was holding the ALT and everything after it (so also the Q and the 0). I realize now that you have to tap the Q and the 0 while holding ALT. Entering the hotkey correctly works just fine.
Also, the hotkeys work while not in BIOS mode on this keyboard - I checked because I was curious.
I feel dumb, but hopefully this will help someone else if you do the same.