Level1techs 'official' Jonsbo N1 build BOM?

Hi,

I just saw the Jonsbo N1 build on the youtube channel

Where could I find a parts list / bill of materials (BOM)? Are these published anywhere? Or should I just break out the pen and paper (I’m fine with that also).

I like the idea of taking the N1 build, and doing it inside an N2 box - seems like a better design and more flexible.

Thank you!

The motherboard was the B650I Aorus Ultra. Can’t recall which CPU, but for an AM5 NAS you can just get whichever one is cheapest. It’ll be far more powerful than it needs to be. The disks were Toshiba N300s, as a fellow owner of these noisy things I can agree with Wendell’s choice of them. He used a Synology E10M20-T1 for 10GbE and an extra M.2, but unless you specifically need four M.2 slots I’d save my money and get a plain 10GbE NIC instead.

Even if you do want lots of M.2 I would rather get a x16 to 4 M.2 breakout card and use an M.2 10GbE NIC. The Synology is nice on motherboards that can’t bifurcate, but it’s otherwise a pricey way to do things. The Aorus Ultra does x8x8, x8x4x4 and x4x4x4x4 bifurcation, so you can do lots of exciting things with it.

1 Like

Thank you @Susanna !

So New Egg states this takes an ITX motherboard… but the B650I Aorus Ultra is a mini ITX.

Confused

Newegg just forgot to type out the m.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.