Level1 News October 16 2018: Smash That Sue Button | Level One Techs

I am NOT a bot. Beep boop beep boop beep.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://level1techs.com/video/private-video-14

Since we dont have a News Video from Oct 16th … Im commenting here.

HIDEO

is that supposed to imply hide video?

My thoughts are it’s a digital media watermark for Hi-definition Video, but I haven’t had video equipment for many years, so I cannot confirm.

I thought it was a joke that references the youtube outage and the fact @kreestuh showed up late.

Just a guess

1 Like

We shall see if we get answers…

1 Like

Thanks, @Goalkeeper.

2 Likes

In the Youtube comments someone mentioned it coming from Metal Gear Solid 1, though I have not played it and can’t say anything about it.

As for the news, right to repair.
I’m not 100% on this but as far as I know there is nothing to that effect EU wide, however most countries here have some kind of federal law that does basically the same.

Regarding the unsend, Outlook/Exchange had that for pretty much forever, you could “unsend” an email (But only if it was hosted on an exchange server I think), and everyone who did not read the mail prior to the “undelete” would just have a message shown that says the mail was redacted. It only works with Outlook though as far as I know. But in a company in a controlled environment that shouldn’t be an issue.

Follow up – they are likely referencing Hideo Kojima from MetalGear