Level1 News November 27 2018: My Way or the Huawei | Level One Techs

I am a bot. Beep boop beep boop beep.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://level1techs.com/video/private-video-26
1 Like

Video:

1 Like

Why not have literally the entire back of the phone be cameras?

Absolutely all of it.

It wouldn’t even matter that you’ve got a few of them blocked off with your fingers. There’s enough of them to stitch the image together.

Give it some time and phones will look like this :wink::

1 Like

Amazon uses virtually all termination carriers depending on rates, delivery issues and requested delivery time. For the most part my apartment is now USPS but also some FedEx mixed in, it used to be heavy UPS and some DHL… then I bitched a ton about DHL so USPS moved in.

Telecom tech is inherently complex with respect to civil rights. Those who provide the services, provide the infrastructure for public discourse. Honestly, it would be much easier to sort if it were public services. It really is in essence a public service. The legal rights of users are constantly being overrun by corporate interests here in the US. Their 1st Amendment claims contrast the public good. That’s a very serious problem; that they’ve been playing legal games with, just like they’ve been playing legal games with their classification.

The problem is that they are the access point; and they control the infrastructure. With that advantage, comes responsibility; and they have been very irresponsible. They have control of access to public discourse. They have used it to the detriment of the personal liberties of the population; and that is Dystopian by definition. They conflict of interest is clear as a bell. Unfortunately the conflict of interest in the US government agencies, including the Supreme Court is a daily occurrence.

The next big projected “correction” (depression) is the burst of the ad bubble. This one is to be much worse than 08. The ad bubble is what has been funding the internet for a few decades now. It will likely have significant influence on global economics as well… but more direct. It’s not just people betting on risky ventures and going bankrupt. It’s global telecom going bankrupt and stocks going through the floor. Bailouts might not be an option. Shorting is probably not a good idea either.

One of the reasons that there is so much not being done about the issues is just how bad things could get if ISPs aren’t supported. They are much heavier than their own legs can carry… and again, they control the infrastructure. It appears that they are going to be propped up until something snaps; and it all comes crumbling down.

Investors will get heads for their pikes. Bets on who they are?

There is a lot of talk about it:

https://www.google.com/search?client=ubuntu&hs=aZT&ei=Y7z9W9-iMoigtQXqjruwAw&q=the+advertising+bubble&oq=the+advertising+bubble&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i30j0i8i30.49633.53149..54344...1.0..0.101.845.8j2…0…1…gws-wiz…0i71j0i7i30j0i7i10i30j0i8i7i30j0i8i7i10i30.2I7bosBQb4k

(EDIT) Classifying encryption as a munition is a good thing considering the 2nd Amendment.

Does anyone have a link to that google duplex API that was mentioned at 36:40?

In ‘Digital India,’ Government Hands Out Free Phones to Win Votes

In Romania votes are bought by giving poor people buckets of food.