Level1 News March 27 2019: One Gaming Service To Rule Them All (And In The EULA Bind Them) | Level One Techs

There is a free FPS shooter you can stream online. With my 18 meg connection I can play just fine. Although I acknowledge that I suck at FPS titles in general. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I canā€™t wait for google AI to use my in-game decision making to build a mental profile of me with the intent to have me murdered and replaced by an android body-double

@kreestuh said MOIST!

Sheā€™s gotta keep the two year plan on track

@kreestuh In soccer red card is an immediate toss OR 2 yellow cards in the same game is a toss. Also many leagues have rules about getting certain amount of yellows in a time frame will also lead to a banning from the next game.

1 Like

thatā€™s local though presumably on a good network from your PC.
Not the same as cloud.

i think your conflating the two points raised with game streaming:

• shit graphics is not shit image quality.

• latency is not throughput.

• FPS matters not because your a prolevel gamer but because with streaming a 30fps feed you would be doubling the latency from Google.

So in the context of streaming your always behind on native even on shit tier graphics games. Im also like you in that i play mainly slower, lower graphics quality gamesā€¦ An analogy is if i have a choice of watching a movie at VHS standards vs Blueray id choose blueray even if the movie was shitā€¦ why make things worse.

Well, lets hope then that in 10 years devs donā€™t decide to give up on Native games because then there is no incentive for AMD / Nvidia, Intel etcā€¦ to actually make consumer level PC components, only hyper expensive licensed pro-sumer kit for developers and creators.