Level1 News June 25 2019: Twitch Troll Toll | Level One Techs

https://www.one-tab.com/page/GNt3WeBDT52gwC_zrqUcag

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://level1techs.com/video/level1-news-june-25-2019-twitch-troll-toll
1 Like

I don’t understand the cagey, hush hush, don’t talk about the audio gear but totally mention every episode its different.

You guys do realize that tech hardward includes audio equipment right?

Maybe its the same understood tension between team red vs team blue/team green, except with tiers of audio solutions (which could be far, far worse of a problematic discussion), but it sure would be nice to make use of a community of like-minded fans that want you guys to have a quality, hassle free audio solution.

Don’t get me wrong - I don’t care if you guys use a tin can and string for mics, I’d still watch yall’s videos… I only bring up audio because its almost a meme now. Each week the audio changes and has a new quirk(this week almost sounds like the bit rate is too low? there is no tinny whine, but the quality doesn’t match that of your great cameras!).

I applaud the acknowledgement and effort that goes into “fucking with the setup” week to week. My only modus operandi here would be to resolve it once and for all, such that no more effort would have to go into “fixing the audio”.

I for one am not convinced its the mics or the cables or the mix board. Might be worth re-assessing what encoding/recording/post processing is being done. Knee-jerk default blame goes to YouTube though :laughing:

Maybe its worth doing a mid-week fun video where you go through the way you record the news, a sort of “Behind the Scenes L1News” where you go through all hardware/configurations. (Apologies if this already exists and I somehow missed it)

I know its not the bread n butter UEFI walkthrough overclocking motherboard review video, but I don’t think I’d be the only one to watch it.

Anyways, another week of Orwellian news and bad shit happening.
Thanks for keeping my week tolerable yall!
Oh and fuck Ajit Pai.

Supreme Court decisions… they damned well better be 5-4 or 6-3. 7-2, 8-1 or 9-0 had no business getting up there no matter the ruling.

2 Likes

I’ve never noticed any audio quality issue… only that when I max the volume it’s still not loud enough some times

Neither have i, I also have cheap headphones at work so that may be it.