Level1 News June 1 2018: Our Lady of Perpetual Recording | Level One Techs

https://www.one-tab.com/page/J5e9Lw85SQeac2QBeEnzFw

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://level1techs.com/video/level1-news-june-1-2018-our-lady-perpetual-recording

Heisenberg @wendell? You’re so cute when you try to physics.
It was Rutherford you were thinking of btw; or more specifically his grad students. It was also alpha particles, not x-rays or electrons (you managed to say both).

1 Like

John Bain (A.K.A. Total Biscuit) was more than a game critic/commentator. He fought against deceptive and misleading practices in the games industry. Most importantly micro-transactions. And more recently the tie-in of loot boxes and game-play. An example of Call of Duty forcing players watch other players open their loot boxes.

Sure he got into some controversy in the last year. But Total Biscuit LEFT THE GAMING INDUSTRY / WORLD A BETTER PLACE THAN HE ENTERED IT! :+1:

Rest in peace, John

1 Like

Arent boobs considered flotation devices??

But the position is uncertain! :smiley:

“Bitch I removed your DLL’s” should be a shirt.

(camera eye)

With eyes it’s more about attention allocation rather than rendering; so the signal is mined for points of interest. If one emerges in the periphery, then the attention is allocated to that, and the eyes turn toward it. Small brained carnivores for instance allocate attention mainly toward movement; in situations where backgrounds are complex. That’s where the “don’t move a muscle” came from. T-Rexs had brain cases the size of walnut shells. Any amount of camo would probably have been very effective against them. Stand still, and you essentially disappear; because their neurology probably couldn’t process the information needed to locate you. Fight or flight responses still made them effective just the same. That’s the brilliance of the ancestors of opossums though.

(FB)

Some aspects of this outcome with the Facebook “scandal” are surprising to me. Maybe most people do understand that there was no data breach.

(Where social media can go)

The endgame of neural nets is literal neural networks; or brain to brain interface. technological telepathy could be a huge boon to communication because it could bypass so many misunderstandings, misinterpretations and misinformation. Our mouths are very slow and noisy. Want a Star Trek scenario? How about one where resistance isn’t feasible?

This is only based upon competition between humans and machines. I suspect that this will exist but I can’t even guess how prevalent.

(Ebola Homeopathy)

What surprises me about that story is that the doctor didn’t play the sound back and see if it killed the virus. Isn’t that just obvious? I suspect he’s selling it to people who don’t have Ebola and telling them that they are cured. :smile:

(sugar daddy app)

Since it’s an app for the rich and beautiful, nothing is going to happen to it. The money and rationalization will flow.

BTW @kreestuh, @wendell, @ryan The Friday shows are cerebral comedy at it’s finest. Two thumbs up.

1 Like

Am I the only person whos Windows 10 settings not reset on every update? Maybe it’s a regional thing? The only thing that resets for me on updates is the sound settings, but that is probably because it reinstalls the sounddrivers, and it only looses the mic monitoring anyway so…

Regarding slack, someone care to tell me what’s so bad about it? I used to use it for a while and it was pretty good :thinking: Ofc there are alternatives but… eh?