Level1 News January 22 2019: Press F to Enlist | Level One Techs

https://www.one-tab.com/page/mhAj_ylpR3meIDBsTQ1ECQ

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://level1techs.com/video/level1-news-january-22-2019-press-f-enlist
1 Like

So has anyone sat down earths magnetic field in timeout corner to stop it from acting up?

1 Like

19:52 - Now we know the real reason governments hate Texting & Driving: You might miss the ads flashing across all the digital license plates. (I always thought distracted driving was a bad thing.) I wonder if they can be dynamically timed to target specific ads at individual drivers…

“Daddy, why do all the other license plates talk about spanking when Mommy drives?”

36:42 - Instead of an RGB keyboard you’d want a UV keyboard for use in bio labs. BTW, if given the choice of licking that keyboard up & down or having to use some basement dweller’s keyboard for a whole day without gloves or washing it first, which would you choose?

38:57 - 100ms ping for remote surgery is no problem because the Da Vinci Murder Surgery Robot can kill someone just fine even without human input. Though on the bright side, with that kind of lag I’m guessing the doctor was using a VPN for security.

39:55 - Don’t worry about the magnetic field things: Airplanes use gyrocompasses (calibrated before each flight) and ducks definitely don’t fly IFR. Now let’s see how many people are screaming “It’s CANADA geese!!!” at Krista now. :slight_smile:

Thanks again, LevelHeaded1s.

pro criminal tip. hack your license plate to say whatever you want it to and you can change your license at will. worried those cameras will record your license when you rob that bank? not anymore!
but wait theres more! for 3 easy payments of 1999 you can add a raspberry pi to play chess with the person behind you in traffic

1 Like

On the drone article, the draft regulation dedicates 30 pages to the “below a certain severity threshold”. That “threshold” is 11ftlb or 25ftlb depending if it is classified as a Catagory 2 or Catagory 3 UAS. An example of how this works out is that a drone like the DJI Mavic 2 Pro (~2lbs) flying Catagory 2 can not crash into a person going faster than 13mph.

2 Likes