Level1 News April 27 2018: The Poppy Cat | Level One Techs

https://www.one-tab.com/page/zUxAUrXRSqWX_6mTc_-mtA

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://level1techs.com/video/level1-news-april-27-2018-poppy-cat
1 Like

About the tangent of “Your Next Job Interview Could Be with a Racist Bot” consider that public urination and sexting yourself while underage can get you convicted and put on the sex offender list for life, the issue is that minorities are targeted more for possession of drugs, jaywalking and “waiting for a friend in Starbucks while black” which while not relevant to working in target can be used to not hire you

consider that the USA has a million people in jail which when released cant get a job even if they are trying to leave the life of crime and that most of them are a minority

consider how harshly hackers get treated by the justice system and think how the drug war mentality gets people to prison for minor possession

consider the past scandals of judges and prosecutors bribed to get more people to a private prison

1 Like

the ikea robot story reminds me of this reddit thread

u36kg

what’s the story on the audio? i can send yall some vst plugin presets, if it will help. IIRC, thought you had a hardware compressor?

Level1Techs presents: Unboxy - The unboxing and assembler robot.

You could just have a channel dedicated to a robot that unboxes and builds things.

1 Like

Did you create an account just to post this comment? I’m surprised you care about this more than those Psycho-Electric Weapons used by a government.

This is the first time I have seen wendell so terrified/disgusted while scrolling that popular mechanics article.

Bookmarking this for when we do the follow up when stuff happens with the court case. The old deleted channel is interesting for sure

1 Like

8/8 would buy anti mind control epoxy-screw totem.

2 Likes

The video is really well done for what it is. For example the keyboard with only one letter on it, the color only kicks in after they mention choice, etc.