Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro "Lid position sensor" problem. Goes to sleep instead of tablet mode

Hi guys.

I have this rather annoying problem, where the laptop goes to sleep when you fold it into tablet mode, but it goes to tablet mode when you close the lid. Like it’s detection is reversed.
The screen can rotate 360 degrees.

What I can’t figure out, is if it’s a hardware, or a software problem. It detects and switches into tablet mode in windows, so it’s not because it can’t switch modes. It’s just the sleep and the tablet mode roles that are reversed.

I got it cheap because of a defect monitor, which I have replaced with an original Lenovo panel from a surplus store. Screen, digitizer and rotation sensors, all work fine.

I located two small magnets in the lip, the sensor on the laptop body reacts to these. The magnets don’t seem to be polarized, so I am assuming the sensor sense the direction of the magnetic attraction, and by this if the lid is close or in tablet mode.
I can’t find anything on google about this specific problem?

Have any of you guys seen or heard about a problem like this? Anyone who know how to fix this?

Thank you for your time.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.