Lenovo Y580 Unlocked Bios files

Hi L1T,

I am trying to access this file at techinferno:

It's a package of unlocked bios stuff for my laptop (because Lenovo are a bunch of __________ <-- insert words that come to mind here)

I can't seem to download it. And I cannot find it anywhere else except for ZippyShare (I will not surrender my credit card information)

Does anyone here have the files? I'll give the guy a beer. I'm not handing a fee over to TechInferno. No thank you.

I can download them with my TI account, but I can only do 5 downloads per day.
here are the first 4 files of today(1 has failed), ill get the rest tmw.

https://mega.nz/#F!QswTlDCB!tD7SvYbRZrHxeXw-OGraFw

Link will be updated with the rest of the files once I can download them.
Cheers.

3 Likes

OMG. You are my hero! @TeslaMaxwell I've waited for weeks! Take all the time you need

2 Likes

Thank you very much, I'm glad to help. ^^
The Download limitations on TI forums can be frustrating but that's how they keep the forums alive.

Regardless of the download thing, svl7 mods are the best. they totally worth waiting since they remove all restrictions implemented by lenovo to piss their users. I too have a Lenovo Y510P running an svl7 mod.

Cheers.

-.-

1 Like

I own a Z580 which I made an unlocked BIOS (whitelist and settings menu) for. My stuff is on bios-mods.com (where most of these mods first take place). If you can send an screen shot of your BIOS screen so I can see the exact BIOS version numbers I will be a able to find you a working bios no problems.

PS: The Y580 bios is really crippled, even if you get one with the advanced settings menu enabled, almost none of those will work and wrecking your machine is virtually guaranteed if you actually try and touch them.

2 Likes

@CLASSICARL
I was able to find most of the files for you except those two:
Lenovo_Y480_Y580_-BIOSV.206_[unlocked].zip
Lenovo_Y480_Y580_-BIOSV.206_[unlocked][no whitelist].zip

I've uploaded them all here: https://mega.nz/#F!QswTlDCB!tD7SvYbRZrHxeXw-OGraFw
It includes Modded Bios V8 and all the required utilities.
[Y580][Y480]-'unlocked_BIOS'660mGHzEditionWhitelistMod.zip
'Error 104' - fix.zip
Lenovo Y580 - Y480 BIOS v8.00 (5DCN90WW) - Mod.zip
Lenovo Y580 - Y480 BIOS v8.01 (5DCN90WW) - Mod.zip
Y580-Y480_BiosFix.zip
fpt-dos.zip
fptw64.zip
prr2.zip

Some of the files are downloaded from TI forums, others I found them on zippyshare. I have hit my monthly limit of 5 downloads =.=

I hope those will be sufficient for you. I'm sorry about the others.
Cheers.

2 Likes

Just a friendly warning. The UUID in your bios is also used for Windows activation purposes. If you reflash the BIOS without adding your own UUID back into it first your windows license will no longer work. Unless of course you use linux and don't care.

1 Like

These tools will modify your own bios. so its not like you're installing someone else bios with diff UUID.
the way it works is like this:
-extracts the .bin from your bios chip.
-modifies it to unlock settings, or removes whitelist.
-then reflash again using a DOS utility.

so your UUID should be kept the same.

I never trusted firmware mod tools in all my years messing with firmware, usually it's just me and my hex editor :D
But I guess It's fine. If OP decides to use and it bricks it's not any of our concern atleast.

1 Like

Oh Sorry, I thought you were talking about the bios mod provided by svl7.
Totally agree with you. doing it yourself is definitely safer. although I haven't dared to do it myself.lol

You have done a great deal @TeslaMaxwell. Just goes to show had I put more effort to be able to download from TInferno, I still would have trouble just getting 15MB of files. They really make it hard.

Again, Thank you so much!

1 Like

@catsay I do not have knowledge about using hex editors to mess with firmware. I do not have much experience tweeking firmware (this is my first project). I have used a Hex Editor before to change values in game files (for ex. to get rid of the 80s themed monitor lines in 'FarCry3 Bood Dragon').

Is it possible that you could refer me to a source where I could learn more about this?

Wow @catsay That's pretty sweet!

Here is a screenshot of my BIOS incase you are interested or can give more insight.

1 Like

Guys please help me. I dont know how to unlock my BIOS for lenovo y580, windows 10, BIOS v2.07. so that i can increase the fan speed of my laptop.