Learning Ubuntu

Hey guys, I was just wondering where would be a good place to start learning Ubuntu 14.04.  I'm pretty much a novice when it comes to Ubuntu.  I know some very basic commands in terminal like ls or dir.  could anybody recommend any sites or YouTube channels where i can learn more and get better.  i was thinking of using Linux mint but i said i would start with Ubuntu. Thanks in advance guys I appreciate it. 

here is a good start 

https://teksyndicate.com/forum/linux/gnulinux-distro-links/193195

 

Since you're using ubuntu you've got the Ubuntu LTS Docs for documentation. More detailed guides can be found in the Arch Wiki, but purely for reference, not to be used as step-by-step guides since it's a whole different distro.

Start here to get familiar with the terminal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO0jzD1hpXc

(link for the flashless)

Also here's a nifty command cheatsheet

Thanks for the quick response guys You've really helped me out

You could PM me and I can give you a quick tour :)

the cheatsheet was nice , thanks :D

Udemy has some nice Linux tutorial courses. Here is one that is like $9 but is an in-depth course for Ubuntu and Fedora aimed at new users with little to no experience.

Udemy course

Of course there is a free ubuntu 14.04 specific tutorial HERE