Lbry?

The cool thing about lbry is that allegedly the videos cannot be removed ever from their chain so it is censorship proof. The worse that could happen is that Lbry delists your video from their app but still there on the blockchain. Not sure how it happens tho… where the files are stored and who serves it.

But I agree I’m also skeptical about the monetization system. Even being a bitcoiner myself… I’d rather it used real sats instead of a token.

1 Like

While I find myself sympathetic to your viewpoint, I don’t see the damage done. Nobody goes to a streamer to listen to the music.

Though I agree that a licensing agreement through twitch would be the best way to solve this crap.

They might not go for just the music but it deff adds value to the stream
If they play music you like you are more likely to stay then one that doesn’t

In order to defend against direct contact with our material and its evaluation, it would be necessary to encode the binary content in the image.
It would require a lot of software work and additional CPU power, but theoretically possible.

The video material is encrypted with RSA, then the code displayed as a video stream, and on the user’s side with the help of ocr, the code is read from the image and merged, then decrypted and displayed.
On the provider’s side like youtube and twitch, there will simply be a video that includes the code and nothing else. Without the key, you will not know the content, you just need to distribute the keys within a specific group of users.
Of course, if something like this were popular and mass, they would quickly start removing such videos. :wink:

And this concept of video encoding with RSA is nothing new …