Large rackmount ATX Case

Is there any available ATX 4u rackmount case with 900mm or more depth ?, I needs very much components

What is the budget? Yes they exist and are generally expensive. Also what other wants/needs are there for the case?

1 Like

About $700 maximum
I needs to fit at least 6-8 RTX 3090 (each 2.5-3.5 slots wide), E-ATX motherboard (ASUS WRX80E SAGE), 4x 2000w supermicro power supply (2x 2000w redundant), at least 8x 3.5" SATA HDD, and few PCIe cards, also I needs 14cm noctua IPPC fan
I also needs to connect case directly to central blower ducting fan (of course with some modification, 6-8x RTX 3090 it’s very hot, and I don’t like water cooling)

I think I needs at least two rackmount case for this, but I needs to contain at least motherboard and 6-8x RTX 3090 in one case, then PSU, HDD, and another PCIe cards, in second rackmount case; If not I needs very expensive PCIe x16 4.0 riser cable (existing solutions use about 120cm each card, 2x60cm Lian Li PCIe 4.0 x16 riser cable)

Wouldn’t have much luck, trying to fit THAT many 3090s, while doing aircooling
In a typical server chassis [3/4U]

… Perhaps taking in, one of those mining rig chassis?

2 Likes

You are going to be struggling really. Thats more the realm of the likes of the Asus/gigabyte 8 x GPU Servers (ESC8000 or G481/482/492) which are thousands and are based on dual xeon/epyc.

In my time dealing with systems like this i have not come across one that is 4U that can fit more than 4 dual slot cards unless its a barebones with custom motherboard/cabling/PSUs.

Pretty much this.

You need something like one of SuperMicro’s GPU chassis to do what you’re trying to do.

And cooling that thing is going to be virtually impossible. Literally impossible, if you expect to be in the same room as it, because it’s going to be loud.

This is the same person that was asking about packing like 4000W of power supplies in one case too, right? I think what you really need is to not try to put everything in one chassis and break it up into multiple systems in a distributed computing environment.

2 Likes

I have finished same build, but for this build I need at least with less cost for PCIe riser cable, I spend about $2800 just for PCIe cable…
I use two 4u case in previous build, first 4u case dedicated for GPU and PSU, and next 4u case for motherboard, HDD, and more…
I don’t care how loud my build is also I use industrial blower fan directly to my case to move out heat also room temperature is maintained at 16 degree celcius…

I have finished same build, but for this build I need at least with less cost for PCIe riser cable, I spend about $2800 just for PCIe cable…
I use two 4u case in previous build, first 4u case dedicated for GPU and PSU, and next 4u case for motherboard, HDD, and more…
I don’t care how loud my build is also I use industrial blower fan directly to my case to move out heat also room temperature is maintained at 16 degree celcius… I don’t know very much about OSHA, or another building code… I live in CN so there is no restriction about temperature and how loud it is… maybe You can get some problem for some build in US (for violating building code)…

To clarify: is your CN China or Canada?

China / PRC

Doesnt Innovision from aliexpress/alibaba have your needs? I cant recall which actual model can support your specification. Are you able to contact them directly and inquire if they have something you need?

I would love to go around Shenzen and try to find their Enterprise section and ask around. Not sure if they’ll entertain you for 1unit though…

The Innovision cases are a good potential fit, they have some GPU cases with a motherboard basement but I think it uses a custom motherboard.

1 Like

Last I checked they accept standard motherboards but I am unsure if they have E-ATX size

1 Like

Yes… but for custom case I needs to order at least 50 pcs…

2021 Ai Server 4u Rack-mount G465-8 Gpu Mining Hot Swap Chassis 8hdd Bays Ipfs Distributed Storage Case 6gb Minisas Backplane - Industrial Computer & Accessories - AliExpress?

This seems to say it will fit SSI-EEB extended ATX boards.

2 Likes

Not if your crazy enough to build your own, like me :slight_smile:

working on a custom 3u rack mount case because i got sick of my 4u and how bad it is for water cooling.

3 Likes

Yes… previously I use two 4u case, plus small 4u too… but it’s very complicated too maintenance, and PCIe riser cable cost is very high…

top 4u 650mm case is dedicated for 8x RTX 3090, then 4u 650mm case for motherboard, also one more 4u 450mm in back of second case just for PSU…, first case is 650mm 4u, second case is 650mm+450mm/1100mm…

I use PCIe riser between two 4u case, that’s needs about 120cm riser for each card… my partner is complaining about very complicated maintenance and very high cost riser cable… We need to disassembly 4u rackmount case in top (of course all 8x RTX 3090), before we can access 4u rackmount in bottom just for tighten loose case fan connection… lol…

I make lot’s of custom holes with drill and grinder…

1 Like

I have not used this case, but I have worked with their 2u cases and these are well built. Not sure how hard it is to get one outside of OEM channels but I think this may be the best option I have found.

2 Likes

This is my second from scratch hand built case. Im doing it with just hand tools, so a hand drill, sawsall/hacksaw, sander, and dremel rotary tool.

The only things I got that were special were some machine thread tapping drill bits so I could tap the screw holes, and a counter sink to help make the screws flush.

2 Likes