Laptop Windows 11 Low fps when idle

I have a Razer Blade Stealth Late 2019 GTX with a fresh Windows 11 install (fully updated). Every time i boot it up, the cursor displays at ~15fps in power saving mode and ~30 in balanced/performance, while plugged in its perfectly normal (and some other animations are weird too but its hard to check ~ framerate). I can also experience this behaviour while using Windows Explorer and apparently in every non hardware accelerated application until I open some apps like chrome, discord or a game.
Already rebooted in safe mode, reinstalled gpu drivers and installed windows insider beta updates (reformated to current stable), but nothing helped so far…
Obs: my screen is not VRR and doesnt support windows low refresh mode

It’s usually the Intel iGPU driver that limits the framerate to lower the power consumption, not because your display can run that low. Open the Intel video driver control panel (can’t recall exactly what is called) and change the refresh rate while on battery from 15 and 30 to 60Hz.
I’ve had the same experience, but on my old laptop, it throttled the framerate to 40Hz when on battery.

1 Like

I’ve already done that and didn’t help at all, I even turned every power saving feature off and put it to max performance, didn’t help…
And it’s not a constant low framerate, it depends on the workload, that’s why it’s so weird

1 Like

Wow, that’s extremely weird. Have you made sure to install all the drivers from the Razer website and their proprietary software? Maybe there’s a piece of software needed to fix this issue.
You device manager is clear of warnings about missing drivers?

1 Like

Yes, everything is installed and up-to-date, no missing drivers in device manager either :confused:

Maybe i should issue a ticket, it has been like this ever since the 22H1 update! just hoping someone else had and found a way to fix this problem

I’ve been trying to fix this problem since i started this thread, and now it finally worked! Here is what ive done:

1. Entered windows 11 (22H2) safe mode
  2. Used DDU to fully uninstall the Intel driver
  3. Installed the Intel Graphics Driver for Windows 10 (oct 2019)

haven’t tried new driver versions yet, but this seemed the most stable option, so if you dont game on Intel iGPU, so far i recommend you stick with it

Thank you for the previous replies too, if someone has found out a newer driver that works or a proper workaround lmk!

1 Like