Laptop for Coding and design on a budget

As the title quotes I'm looking to purchase a laptop for pure coding and some design work for college ,  I do a lot a coding, I need something portable and within a tight budget, Has anyone got any ideas? 

I would say a thinkpad, I love dem. (I have a good amount of older models)

I'm actually thinking about getting a new laptop for the same thing.

Design what? Web design? 

Here's some light and inexpensive laptops you should check out!

Acer Aspire V5-123-3466

Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E545 15.6" Notebook Computer

Not trying to steal the post or get off topic, but do you own the Acer?  I have it and I do like it but that CPU feels so under powered.  I don't know if it is just me but the laptop seems to struggle with basic tasks such as web browsing and video streaming.

Depending on what programs you will be using. For instance if you would be using Visual Studio/ Adobe products, I would prioritize a laptop with more ram/better cpu.  That said, I do not exactly have a budget laptop. I have an Asus with an i7 and 8 gigs of ram, but it has served me well for the last 3-4 years. I picked it up for around $1000.

As far as work laptops go, I have had good success with both enterprise class Thinkpads and Dells.(both had docking stations)

Redacted

Lenovo Flex 2 14", look superb, they have 6GB RAM, i5 4000, 500GB HD, 1080p Screen, Brilliant keyboard and pad, touchscreen, 6+ Hours of battery and in UK at PC World £500, superb little runner that

If you're looking for super portable try the ThinkPad X series, if you want a normal sized laptop look for the T series.  I'd recommend looking for a used one on craigslist or ebay, but some people don't like that. 

You don't say what your budget is, but there are a huge number of used laptops on ebay from $25 upwards. I'd also ask around to see if someone is going to replace theirs, I've acquired 3 this way over the years, that cost me nothing. If you do get an older machine, go Linux and open source software to save even more money.

If you must run Windows for some things and don't want buy a copy, there are free, completely legal, developer virtual versions for Linux.

https://www.modern.ie/en-gb/virtualization-tools