LANsyndicate | Level1techs

@Logan On the ticket sale page on epicpants, there's something about a 27" monitor size limit, but on the lansyndicate site there's nothing about the size limit. So what I want to know is if there is or is not a size limit (within reason, I'm not bringing an 80" display), and if it would be a problem for me to bring my 29" 21:9 monitor (it's my only good one).

1 Like

It's a width issue. There is only so much space on a table so anything larger than 27", especially an ultrawide, eats up too much space. I know the pain. Everything I have under 30" is 1080p eye-bleed screen door garbage.

I wonder if anyone will bring an Oculus rift? I should have mine by the time for the LAN. But I am unsure if I would bring it.

If you have the extra funds and can afford it, then purchase two tickets. Message @gearheadgirl27 and ask Jennifer to put your 2 tickets at the same table. This way you have all the space you need and the extra revenue helps support the Tek.
This is what I did.

I was considering doing that. I've already bought a second ticket for my girlfriend so if @gearheadgirl27 could make sure those are at the same table I'd appreciate it.

I got 2 friends who plan on coming along with me. Would it be best to buy all 3 tickets in one order, rather than each of us buying our tickets independently. Would that insure we got to sit at the same table?

I'm more or less wondering if there are actual assigned seating, or we just get our ticket and it's "pick your poison."

I remember the last time I had assigned seating, which was nearly 3 years ago.

1 Like

So wait, I'm new to this whole thing and a friend and I are driving out for the party. Is there assigned seating? Do we have to ask to be seated together in advance?

I am not sure about that, but might not be a bad idea to specify that you would like to sit next to each other if that is your goal.

I wont know a soul irl who is going to the LAN, I hope to next to some cool people!

I DEMAND TO SIT NEXT TO @kewldude007 =P

No go then :(
I will be getting quite drunk. Not drunk enough to allow Logan to punch me in the face though.

2 Likes

Yea, not sure how serious he is about that. LOL.

I am a lightweight though. Confession, I have never had a craft beer. All I have drank is that crap they sell at gas stations.

Honestly I literally would not be surprised if he is 100% serious.

I have had a fair variety of different beers. Only thing I learned was I HATE super hoppy beer.

1 Like

iirc they mentioned that they were still working on seating arrangements. I think someone said that if there was a group of folks who wanted to sit together, they would make sure that happened. So, I'm envisioning semi-assigned seating with some wiggle room for folks to sit together.

Part of the issue is with power consumption, and part of it is width on your desk. Get me width of the monitor, I'll look into it.

1 Like

Ignoring bezel @DeusQain and assuming the manufacturer conformed to standard the monitor would be about 26.72 inches wide 11.27 inches tall and has a 2.37 cinemescopic aspect ratio (21:9) but im curious to see if my guess is accurate

In reference to questions about seating.

Currently we have yet to get our floor plan approved by the Fire Marshal. When that happens we will publish the layout.

Also, to note. We have been instructed by the powers that be, that we won't have a "drinking cage" for computers. But will instead have a beer garden. Unless we make it a 21+ event. (Which we won't do)

As for arranged seating. It's still undecided as to if we will have assigned seating. Likely what we will do is have a first come first serve basis. You and your computer will get checked into that seat. I would coordinate with peeps you wish to sit near and lay claim to them. I don't expect an insane madhouse for seats.

1 Like