L1Techs KVM Question with HDMI monitors

Alright, I really hope I’m not screwed, but here it goes.

My wife is awesome and bought me the L1Techs KVM. The two computers are my desktop computer with a 1080 Ti and a laptop with a RTX 4070.

In a nut shell, that means I have two DP running from my desktop’s GFX card to the KVM and a powered HDMI-to-DisplayPort converter for one of them (due to the fact that the 1080 Ti only has 2 DP ports).

My laptop is going to be connected to the KVM via this dock that Dell sells (the WD22TB4). The dock, similar to my 1080 Ti has 2 DP ports, so those are connected with DP cables. For the third output for the GPU, I’m using USB type-C with thunderbolt to DisplayPort.

All this is probably fine, but here’s the kicker: None of my monitors are DisplayPort. I found this DP 1.4 to HDMI 2.1 cable by Cable Matters (PM me for a link)

I bought 3 of these, and now that I’m all done buying hardware I feel like I’m nervous that the HDMI monitors are going to be my downfall.

If anyone has any advice, I would be super grateful. For what it is worth, it is totally possible that everything will work fine. But I wanted to message here just in case!

So basically, is what I’m trying to do insane? I just want to be able to take advantage of this amazing KVM my wife bought me. Just super concerned that I will need to buy a bunch of new monitors to do it and I just don’t have the cash for that right now.

Thanks,
Anthony

Idk about those adapters you bought but the club3d dp to HDMI adapters work fine for converting dp signal to HDMI

Thank you so much for responding. To be honest, I have no reason to believe it wont work. The main reason I posted here is because I have a friend that is skeptical that with all the adapters things will still work properly. I have been very mindful about buying short, high quality cables and active instead of passive adapters. I will report back and let you all know when everything gets here.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.