L1Techs 4 port KM module and Razer keyboard compatibility

KVM Model:

4 port km with usb audio

USB Interface (5-gigabit or 10-gigbit):

10gb

Problem:

purchased a razer black widow pro v4 and this is not reccognized when plugged into the HID port, keyboard doesnt even lightup.

Other Notes:

everything worked fine with my logitech g915, but this black widow not so much.

That’s probably normal. Razor most of the time does not comply to HID specification. The KVM relies on a mouse/keyboard/etc. that complies with HID for it to be used properly. It’s in our FAQ:

i couldn’t get it working even on the usb3 ports… ill try again

make sure you unplug and reboot the kvm if you tried it on hid

When you unplug and power cycle the KVM between troubleshooting, please wait a solid minute for best results.

ill give that a shot

so basically stay away from Razer products? haha

yup… no joy… time to return the razer…

quick question if you guys know… when I’m plugged into the km with my G915 i get repeating characters sometimes (primarily the o key) but only when connected to the KM is this noticeable… any ideas?

pretty much… lol unfortunately they have a lot of proprietary stuff going on.

That could also be a result from sketchy HID stuff if the Razer (or some other not HID compliant) device is in the ports. Try with a new mouse after a power cycle and see if the problem persists

That was with my all logitech stuff… G915 keyboard and G502x mouse…

i did get the Razer stuff working i forgot i had disabled the USB Follow function for work reasons so once i re-enabled that i was able to use the Razer keyboard…
what a monumental pain… probably still taking this thing back… just need a good mechanical keyboard that will last more than 6 months haha :slight_smile:

Ah that’ll do it haha