L1Tech KVM Dual Monitor Dual PC - USB 3.0, USB HID, and audio not working

Hello,

I just purchased the L1Tech KVM Dual Monitor Dual PC switch, I am currently switching between a PC I built and an HP EliteBook 830 g7 through a dedicated HP dock. The displays between computers are switching very nicely, which I am happy about, but none of my peripherals are switching. Here are the devices I am trying to connect to the console inputs with no luck:

• Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT - USB 3.0
  • Keychron Q1 QMK - USB-C with USB C (female) to 3.1 USB A (male) adapter, brand on adapter is Xaosun
  • Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen USB Audio Interface - USB-C to USB 2.0 wire
  • Shure SE215-CL Sound Isolating Earphones - Clear

I would like to use these peripherals for both PC’s such that they switch over, which is why the USB-c devices have USB 2.0/3.0 wires or adapters. Did I do set up wrong? I tried power cycling and varying input configurations but none of them work. Let me know if I need to provide more info as well, I would really like to work through this. Thanks!

The USBC ports on the kvm is input…you need a USB connection form each PC into the USBC port on the input for the kvm so there is a USB path for the peripherals. The USBC ports aren’t meant for plugging devices into they are meant for USB upstream.

Similarly if you want to use analog audio you need a 3.5mm Audio cable from each PC to the corresponding inputs.

Wow thank you, I figured the solution was obvious. I really appreciate the prompt reply as well, peripherals are working great now.

1 Like