L1T HDMI & USB Cat6 Extender

Hi, I was watching a LTT video in which Wendell on the phone to Linus mentioned Cat6 extenders for HDMI and USB that were coming soon. Can you say when they might be coming? Is there maybe an article about them somewhere?

Many thanks!

Came to ask the same thing, looking for any info for the HDMI extender over cat6. Hoping it can do more than 4k@30fps with HDR/DV. Can we sign up to get notified when it’s released?

I’ll use this thread. 4k/60 is doable. The HD consortium says we can do HDR but reality? hahaahahaha eh

can you tell me more about what HDR/DV is to you… display panel and how you’ll test etc.

Hi Wendell thanks for your response. My setup is to ideally take HDMI and USB over my CAT7 cable to a LG C8 TV. HDR not so important to me, more important is 4K 60

I’ll just be watching tv and movies mostly with HDR (HDR10 mostly 10+ is rare) and Dolby Vision on my LG C1. Currently I have an HDBase-T extender which does provide me with that. Currently capped at 29.x fps with DoVi enabled. Which is fine really since most tv and movies are 24fps max. This is over cat6a cable ~50-60ft.