L1T forums slow on Epiphany

Hello world,

As Firefox stopped supporting PWAs I had to find someone else to do it. I had Epiphany already installed so I went for this. I opened the forums and installed it as a web app of sorts.

Scrolling even on the home page is almost like looking at a diashow. I do have FF installed for basic surfing and I tried to scroll on there. Massive difference, smooth as all can be. (If it wasn’t for the weird scrolling, which I didn’t have on WIN)

Is there any site optimizations, settings that can ge changed or do I have to report to Epiphany with a bad review and stop using it?

Alvast bedankt

Isn’t Epiphany called Gnome web browser or something like that nowadays? Have you checked if the browser is up to date?

The forum is a little painful on Android Brave (no plugins) as well. Laggy and then very laggy when actually making a post. I figured its my phone though.

Yes it is the latest version.

Screenshot from 2022-06-01 18-49-21

Screenshot from 2022-06-01 18-52-18

@tokenknw
I’m running PWA version over my Samsung internet browser and that works completely fine.

It isn’t just you. I use FF Mobile. It is pretty performant until posting. I think it is a Discourse and JavaScript thing.

1 Like

Well, if it would be a website issue then one of the Samsung developer forums would also have the issue. As they use the same template. Else it is a serverside issue.