L1's Garage

There’s no other information or pictures for the black MG. The barn one appears to need some TLC, but definitely doable.

And that first Porsche is destroyed on the inside. Would probably be best to do a complete powertrain swap and a semi-custom interior on that one. Second Porsche looked fine.

2 Likes

5 Likes

370z here!!

2 Likes

My car is done now. Done well enough to pass inspection, and not have holes for my footsies to go through. Took about 15 hours of work. The two holes I has posted earlier turns out there was a third about the size of those two combined.

3 Likes

What did you make them in?

Out of curiosity, I’ve been wondering what those things in the front grill are that some people have in their subarus. Are they just for aesthetics, or… I mean, at first glance they look like they could be turbos but closer up they look like speakers… What are they?

edit: Ohhhhh, those are horns??? interesting…

1 Like

They’re usually Hella Supertones

Really loud horns.

2 Likes

Miata is going into the shop for a clutch today. I would do it myself, but frankly I don’t have a lift and I don’t trust jack stands, so I’d rather just pay someone I trust to do it rather than install it myself. Might do the next one myself.

My project tried to kill me yesterday.
Spent an hour at the urgent care and back to work.

3 Likes

This is something that the normies will never understand…

We bleed for our cars.

4 Likes

Damn dude, how’d that happen?

This is exactly Why I let the guys with the right tools for the job handle stuff like clutches. If I had a lift and a trans jack, I’d be working spending the day in the garage doing this,but it’s just not in the books yet.

Just from the trail I can kinda see the sequence of events of what went down. Got a shiver down my spine. What happened, dude?

1 Like

Hehe I had a very similar experience a few months back, tetanus shot, stitched up and back to work.

@SgtAwesomesauce @KemoKa73

Twas a mild and comfortable afternoon, the air fresh after a light rain. A faint drone of music carried in the background, only my grunts and groans to be heard. My body flexed and shifted encouraging movement from a stationary clamp. With a final jerk the apparatus became free. Unaware of the potential vengeance building in speed, a bolt struck me with power and greed. Hungary for flesh, the inanimate tool had got what it came for… Blood in a pool.

Hit myself in the noggin with a protruding bolt on a clamp. I bled so fast my first thought was how much can I loose before passing out haha.

2 Likes

Danger lurks.

1 Like

I can somewhat relate to this - though in a different way.

When my uncle was very little, he was mauled by a dog - huge gash right up his neck, like a properly serious life-threatening injury. He still has the scars clear as day now over 60 years later. My granddad (on my mother’s side) at the time had around a 1957 MG (I don’t know the exact year and model but it was likely something like pic related), and it was in that MG that he rushed my uncle to the hospital. This was in the 1950s, a time when my bone stock '04 Civic would have beaten almost every single car in every metric simply by virtue of its power-to-weight ratio. The average people’s car just simply wasn’t very powerful or fast back then. After the surgeons had stabilized my uncle and stitched him back together, the surgeon came out to speak with my granddad. He asked him in what vehicle he had brought my uncle. My granddad replied: An MG. The surgeon told him flat out, that had he waited for an ambulance or used any other (i.e. normal) car, my uncle would not have had a hope in hell of surviving.

I hear a lot of things about MGs - particularly that they’re often hopelessly unreliable. But just once, I’d someday like to test drive one of the old ones.

2 Likes

oooooh, ouch >.<

I’ve gained a sort of sixth sense from hitting things like that - I was helping out on a solar array on a Staples building. The HVAC machines on top have these rain covers - thin plates of sheet metal that really stick out there at about head level, and with the solar panels on the roof you have quite limited space to walk between them. One of the construction crew said he was intrigued that I’d walked past the thing about a dozen times and not gashed my face or otherwise hit the rain cover.

1 Like

Damn, yeah. Head wounds bleed a lot. Glad you’re okay though.

2 Likes

Frankly, I’d probably put something more modern into it for reliability. It won’t please the purists, but then again, that’s not really something I’m interested in anyways.

2 Likes

I wonder if the EJ25 from my brother’s old car would fit in an MG. I doubt it would, but it would make for quite the ride.

1 Like