L1's Garage

Oh yeah with a toyota engine. I guess FRS/GT/GR 86 don’t count

never liked them. THey are a little too japanese

Volkswagen Golf GTI

Toyota GR Corolla

I don’t see the difference.

1 Like

she hates volkswagen. its just gonna add to her point

well, she’s got a few brain cells missing then.

I want a 86, never had the opportunity to learn a manual.
Everyday driver says it’s the best car to learn

But if you insist.

BMW M3

Mercedes-Benz C43 AMG

Subaru Impreza WRX STI (rip)

Honda Civic SI

And as for Seat and Cupra, if it’s not sold in the states, it doesn’t exist.

Scion was their brand they wanted to use to appeal to younger buyers. They killed it off after realizing young people were fine with toyota

Was wild back then. It was their GR before the company went conservative

What it took was having a ceo that is a true auto enthusiast and not a bean counter

not rip. I welcome its exit. Everything has a beginning and an end. I can respect them killing it before it actually killed the name.

That and fart cans suck and this is the classic ricer fart can car

ooof I liked the M3 (older one)

Yes

E36, E46. They were both the same as the GR corolla.

Big engine in a crappy sedan.

Or do you not remember how the E36 interiors would fall apart.

I do remember. All im saying is an E36 still carried much more name weight than corolla. Not doubting the corolla. I actually like seeing this out of big T

Naming, sure. I just don’t think marketing should be everything.

1 Like

OMG they should … im so immature for this

Name the revamp of the F150 competitor BIG T or HIGH T :joy:

The thing is Toyota already has a Yaris GR which is also a pretty sporty car.
However you barely ever see one on the road,
because people aren’t really interested i guess.
And that’s the whole problem, they need a different approach if they get them selfs a name in hot hatch world.
Like i said nobody really gets excited from a Toyota Corolla nomatter how good they actually are.
Honda pretty much has a similar problem at least in Europe.

The normal yaris target audience is shitbox commuter drivers.

The GR yaris doesn’t have a target audience because enthusiasts want something a little bit bigger.

That’s why it’s not selling.

If Toyota doesn’t bring something to the US, you can bet it’s a crappy car.

You’re ignoring everyone who’s excited about the car. All they had to do was make a car with a 6 speed and 300hp. They knew it, so they did it.

3 Likes

this. Full stop

Truth of the matter is the north american continent tests cars a good bit more than the european continent does and theres a market for just about everything. I mean you got offroad bros… ricer bros… truck bros, hell you got people willing to rice up a Ford EcoSport

If you cant sell your car in the US. Its not a good model because as you exit the US the applications either become daily driver or ever more niche. Theres a reason why NZ and AUS have a crazy offroad reliability scene. The market suits it. But if you cant sell in a market that has a place for just about everything?.. lol rip

1 Like

ehh theres one car that defied the rule though. Mercedes AMG A45 and A35. They didnt sell in a america for a while but they used their glammour and the UK and german presses to get americans excited about such a possibility. It was EU only first. Then it came to the US after successful campaigning. Its a great car but it required great marketing. It had to break the american mercedes stereotype

Well the only thing they should have done is leaving the Corolla name out of it and just call it the Toyota GR.

GR what? They have a GR86 already.

What call it a GR36?

Corolla has had sport versions. AE86. Alternate name FAW36? G16E?