L1's Garage

Dont worry the petrol prices are probably even worse

Oh they have always been high in Norway, but this winter the electricity has increased by 400%:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

You do any math to see if its still cheaper per km?

It’s slightly cheaper still yes. I do believe the price for electricity will go down a bit as we get some spring weather. Gasoline is heavily taxed so that ain’t going to change

1 Like

Jason Cammisa on the Lucid Air:

Saw this yesterday, It’s pretty much on point.

My friend’s grandparents got one and they gave me a hoon in it. it’s… well, let’s just say it’s a hell of an experience.

Best tech talk I’ve seen in a while.

1 Like

Ugh

Garage lounge… you know what I fucking dont like

Parent Bore Engines

Is that based off the Mazda 323?

HAHA I figured out how to remove the dye from dyed offroad fuels

xD

Thank you O chem knowledge

Alkalization babyyyy I love defrauding the theft machine :rofl: :joy:

1 Like

I believe not

1 Like

The new Mazda CX60 comes to europe with v6 engines.

lol what?

VW ID Buzz is kinda cool.

1 Like

Mazda is targeting luxury segment. People with money and who don’t give a shit about fuel economy or carbon taxes

2 Likes

Well hold off both of you

What difference in fuel economy do you see between romping on a pushed to the limit downsized i4 vs a relatively lower load on a v6

I venture you might be surprised

Mistery a stoner party dutch girl confirmed :joy:

That’s okay don’t worry your secret is safe with us

Right, but Europe has silly displacement taxes. the more displacement, the higher the tax.

That’s why all german makes are going for downsized engines running 2-3bar of boost.

In reality, you have Ford 5.0L motors that get better fuel economy than the M274. Don’t get me wrong, the M139 is a fucking incredible motor, but it is also incredibly dirty for it’s 2.0L displacement.

1 Like

Silly by our terms sure but judging from how they wish to take stuff within their own sovereign continent they aren’t a terrible idea. Considering they actually have a quite green method of transport on most of western Europe (trains)

Europe wants to go green and I’m honestly done bashing them for it. If a v6 results in better fuel economy than the i4 or vice versa I say go for it.

All that said and done with I think those displacement taxes were specifically designed to kill the v8 and w engines. Honestly those are big bulky engines long past their prime sorry to say it. Plus I’ve hopped onto the electric bus I’m excited to enter this new era of cars even if it has issues

The tax was intended to cut emissions. All they did was encourage more reliable high-bar turbo engines.

If you tax by sniffer test results, that’s more effective.

Sure nobody said the execution was perfect. They can deal with politics themselves.

I think the v6 is the right move there.

That and most Japanese manufacturers aren’t going to give up on combustion until electric has matured. While Mercedes and others are definitely leading the European charge. Asian models are always leanly built. Built on tried and tested stuff. Less so lately due to competition but that’s the model of production they prefer.

Mazda choosing a v6 is just an extension of that. They make somewhat decent v6s. They know it works. They just have to improve the NA v6 efficiency a bit and they will be a solid competitor to the 4 cylinders in Europe I think. Even with the displacement tax

Yeah but people with that amount of money who don´t care about fuel economy etc,
don´t buy Mazda’s generally.

However the CX60 is likely not going to be a bad deal.
It’s not a bad looking suv either also rwd in the bases.