L1's Garage

First comes to worst you sit on it for a while and then drop the price every now and again until somebody buys it.

Exhausts can be weird, some are crazy expensive and some are dirt cheap. My dad won a Prodrive exhaust and sold it for like $1000, I received a WRX exhaust for my last car for free, and my brother bought a homemade stainless exhaust for like $50.

Oh yeah finished my stereo install

5 Likes

I may have a lead on my ideal project car, a white 2004 Impreza. My hope is that nobody else buys it between now and next weekend… it’s definitely going to need towing.

2 Likes

What is this? Invasion of the Subarus?

3 Likes

What can I say? I love Subarus.

But I love white 2004 Imprezas for one very fun, very specific reason that I may or may not be able to do soon… so fingers crossed.

1 Like

Good luck. I’m just noticing that a lot of people are buying/owning them lately.

Personally, I’d love to have one that’s RWD. I’m not a fan of AWD because of the grip. Makes it too boring in a dry region.

you’re welcome.

2 Likes

All you have to do is pull the center differential to change it to rwd

2 Likes

Price and condition?

I’ll sell you my 2000 RS, just needs some rust repair and “modifying” the cat :wink: Comes with two sets of stock rims too!

Off topic again, but I didn’t feel like starting a boat topic.
Boy do I hate painting.

@Skelterz What model year is that?

Yeah, but the purists would have a stroke.

Also, if I’m gonna buy an awd car, I’ll keep it awd for offroad fun.

I’m just focusing on going sideways around corners lately.

Related note, I figured out how to completely run off traction control in my benz yesterday. Completely rediculous methodology, but I don’t really blame them. The car is so much different without the nannies in place.

(for those interested in it: )

1 Like

2009 impreza

1 Like

Automatic transmission

Absolutely disgusting.

(nice work on the deck)

3 Likes

I’m craving a summer RWD car, just don’t have anywhere to keep it ATM. Been thinking about building a workshop garage on some land at my parents.

2 Likes

Honestly people make it out to be harder than it is, but this job could be done with a basic socket set, jack, drill, Sawzall, and (in my case) Dremel. I don’t have any specialty tools like a trans Jack or anything.

Whatcha doing to it?

Absolutely! I love reading and talking about people’s projects.

Looks pretty good. What brand is that, and how’s it’s performance? I use my old phone as a head unit, and it works pretty well, but it’s not perfect.

Very cool! I hope you’re able to get it, and I get to hear more about these plans you have for it.

Haha. I thought the same thing, and it reminded me of this somewhat canceres video.

2 Likes

I’d pretty much kill for land around here. If I want land, I can buy it, for sure. The problem is that it doesn’t have a house on it and it already costs $350k

I’m lazy and the only time I ever drove a manual was a freaking peterbilt

1 Like

It’s a jvc, lower end but I’m happy with it, sounds better than the stock head unit

1 Like

That’s pretty janky.

I love it.

2 Likes

O hey, I gots a question. What is a good resource to learn the market for transmissions? And the differences between them. I am slowly starting to put together my list to get my cadi back on the road (with likely a 355 swap). And Ill need to see what kind of options I have.