L1's Garage

So uhh

Apparently that RX7 project car of my dad’s is actually probably going to be mine, assuming he doesn’t give it away from under me.

5 Likes

Ken Block is transforming his daughter into a racecar driver, her reaction time is so good she was able to beat an NHRA pro driving Corvette with 4000hp twice on the shot.

Soooo… Lemme know if you’re selling.

1 Like

Going to try to get it at least running before anything.

Although I found out last night Chevy sells LS3 kits with a T56 off the back :thonk:

2 Likes

You wouldn’t dare.

But yes, they do.

1 Like

Diy ev?

Rx7 doesn’t have much space for battery. I would wait for density…

Its not like he needs daily driver range though, its a fun.

But where’s the fun? You got to pay 800hp LS crate engine prices for that, or you’re likly looking at less than 100hp, maybe you can get a bit over that.

Last I checked, which has been a hot second.

Unless you transplant another EV’s drivetrain, which would probably be fine.

I don’t recomend ditching a rotary in an RX-7 tho. It’s kinda the whole point of those cars, and the rotary isn’t being made anymore.
Get a Miata if you want to do that. I’m sure there are enough people who’d trade their’s for an RX-7.

1 Like

Down side of rotary is checking / adding oil at every fill up basically

My point is the rotary is a special engine, and it breaks my heart to see so many v8 swaps when there are just as good platforms to do that to that don’t have a rare type of engine in them. Also a non running rotary is worth more than a running V8 swap from what I’ve seen.

But at the end of the day it’s his car and he should do what he wants with it.

2 Likes

Speaking of swaps.

2 Likes

Also gas mileage. Rotary is a big headache to make power with. Once you get into 500+HP you need a plasma ignition and it kills spark plugs every few days.

Wow, this is wild.

https://www.netcarshow.com/mercedes-benz/2021-project_maybach_concept/

And i, love it?

1 Like

Soon™

2 Likes

I’m the opposite. It looks like a rallyfighter, and is not benz at all.

Good thing you didn’t get a 3rd hole on that sway bar. ATF would have that thing forever.

2 Likes

It also has Rolls Royce-esque proportions

It was hard to get a decent look at the car as my eyes were crying from the webdesign on that page 🥲

I swear they haven’t updated that site since 2007, i’m pretty sure.