L1's Garage

I despise most things colorful. Excluding purple. Regal is glorious

Quarter panel finally ordered. Hopefully have this done before my vacation.

2 Likes

i thinks i needs a new caliper… that’s the outer drivers pad that’s completely fucked
alsready got a powerstop rotors and pads kit coming, but it’s goonna be a few weeks, so i put in some cheapo pads.

1 Like

Free up and grease the guide pins (some ceramic grease will work fine).
Push the piston in and out a couple times (make sure lid is off of the brake fluid reservoir and make sure the piston can’t pop out with a piece of wood in the caliper).

And the wear problems are solved, i-am 92% sure.

1 Like

Im thinking about just replacing the caliper. Oem from ford is $110. After core. Idk. Ill inspect the pads in a week or so and decide then

Throwing new parts at problems is always an option but the old calipers are probably far from dead just a bit dirty and thus seized.

Pro’s

• practically free
  • good for the environment
  • upgrade your skills to be used in the future
  • that awesome feeling when you fix something inhouse without buying out
  • somehow it scores points with the feminine gender, " If the women don’t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Cons

• It takes a bit more time

Edit:
What kind of car is that? The rims look funky, steelies?

1 Like

Ouch

I need to yank my calipers out as well and I’m not looking forward to that.

Yeah, steelies.

2 Likes

Cool, looks good

Cop car

1 Like

Used to be lol

Replacing gps monitoring devices on semi trailers today.

1 Like

Moved onto doing brakes on a dump truck at a sandstone quarry, in the rain, and dealing with stuck lug nuts… fun times

5 Likes

powerstop is in

4 Likes

pistachio shell and foot for size reference

3 Likes

unintentionally, yes. fucker is like 40 lbs. drilled and slotted, with a vented hat. want to spray the hat flat black. also, i can tell my drivers side is still draggin. ill be replacing that caliper with ford OEM. and sprayign those black as well. and then changing out all the brake fluid for amsoil dot4.

1 Like

Regret not doing that when I replaced mine.

that the front or rear?

front. backs looks just about the same, slightly smaller diameter, and about half as thick. still vented tho

never really been a fan of drilled rotors… on the track they start to develop cracks around the wholes