L1's Garage

The chrome?

I would recommend Plasti dip.

Satin looks better imo. Wraps are usually good 4-5 years, or you can get a middle of the road paint job and clear bra the most abused parts.

1 Like

you drive an old police car?

Vinyl wraps are good for that

Unpopular opinion but I’m always going to view the Civic no matter how nice they make the body or anything else as the trashiest stupidest car in the world in the Miata will forever be the best Asian car ever when built out

Well excluding the original Supras but those are hard to find in any kind of good condition now mainly because fucking ricers have destroyed the vehicle…

Long live the Miata and the Honda S2000

In fact I’ll just followed up with I’d rather drive a Prius than a Civic

You know I thought people putting space Wings on the back of civics was pretty funny but now that the factory has decided to do so I don’t think I’ve laughed harder in my life

I physically cringed when I saw one pull into a gas station.

I know dude I mean holy fucking space Wing from freaking Honda

That has to be the ugliest the spoiler design I have ever seen done out of the factory and put onto a factory car

What is it fucking spaceship Civic… are we going to plan it right there that has a moon named useless

It grinds my bones because spoilers are meant to be used on high performance Vehicles they don’t really look good on economy vehicles and I don’t know why we keep pushing it. I know men who are having a midlife crisis love buying a young guy Veloster or a Civic but Jesus

Cars used to be cool just like everything else this timeline is getting weirder

Thing is, it needs to move still

It’s gone to the point where I actually think the Stinger is the car to buy over a Civic and honestly The Stingers quite nice I’m not going to bash it I love its lines I just don’t know about its engine

I might just have the parts electroplated

Well I might only have to worry about the avalon…we may have to ditch our 4 runner so the wife can have oral surgery… so I’ll really be stuck at home while she’s at work… or I have to drive her and pick her up everyday…
She doesn’t see it as a big deal, but not being able to leave is different than not leaving often…

@THEkitchenSINK why the fuck are utah Lanes never straight

Why on a perfectly flat and straight concrete road do they move the lanes from side to side

I’m at Highway with a high speed limit and I really need an explanation because it doesn’t make any sense to me anymore

1 Like

flying piston rods go brrrr

3 Likes

Speaking of going brrrrr

I was doing like 35 over and took a blind exit on the highway to escape a trooper and the trooper went flying by Get rekt

#FuckDaPolice https://youtu.be/uiqGGM7jNSQ

His feeling when he realizes it… :joy::sob:

2 Likes

Well that’s why most of them have been vanished in rust i guess… :laughing:

Even modern Mazda’s have their issues.

2 Likes

We have a solution of this called fluid film therefore your opinion belongs on Facebook :joy:

1 Like

Pretty much all japanese cars rusted back in the 90s. They fixed their alloys though, no more rust in the modern ones.

Honestly, the 4th gen miata is plenty fast for normies OOTB. 200HP in a 2200lb car. That’s quick

You can easily add 100hp CA legal with a supercharger and have the feeling of a v6.

2 Likes

Proper maintenance and washing and fluid film really can halt that in its tracks though

What’s your planned build

2 Likes

Or just live in California lol

Plan for this build is to fly by the seat of my pants.

Step 1: remove engine
Step 2: take block and rotating assembly to builder to have it inspected and fixed up.
Step 3: make 1.9L
Step 4: ???
Step 5: Boost

1 Like

Unfortunately i have seen Mazda’s from barely 6 / 7 years old,
who are already starting to have signs of rust issues.
Especially the mazda 3 and 6 models.
But also some CX5’s can suffer from it.

1 Like

Right, but you literally live underwater.

1 Like