L1's Garage

$44k for the Model 3 long range. I was just making a point. Even if I had the money I seriously doubt I’d get one, not until their prices drop a lot in the used market.

Tesla making the 300+ miles range EVs was to say they have more range then some gas cars. Basically to make customers feel more confident buying them, because range anxiety REEE.

It’s called a Chevy Bolt :wink:

1 Like

And you’re suddenly out of my price range.

Dude, for some reason, teslas hold their value hardcore. Like, they really don’t depreciate.

1 Like

I used to think Hybrids where dumb, but that’s because I drive almost exclusively highway and freeway, so the MPG was no better than a Civic (iirc the Civic actually got better MPG highway whenever I last looked). So hybrid did nothing for me, so I mistakenly thought they were garbage.
City MPG has always been fantastic though.

My favorite Hybrid is the early Honda Insight (2000-04 iirc). Those get 61city and 67 highway, and the best part… You can get them with a manual transmission! The only hybrid with manuel that I know of.
I really want to play around with one.

1 Like

Lol, it’s not a Tesla so give it a while and they’ll drop in the used market.

Welcome to the church of Tesla. Our savior Elon has spoken, and he said let Tesla’s prices stay high, and it’s our duty I mean honor to make thy’s wishes be made true.

You should be honored to pay those prices.

Seriously though it’s stupid how well they hold their value. Their not even that great of a car.

Meanwhile I’m driving a Chevy that came out in 2015 for $30k that I picked up a couple years and 28k miles later for $9k (even that price was high though).

1 Like

Exactly!

Like, don’t get me wrong, they’re cool, but I’d rather have a Benz.

1 Like

I’ve always like the original Nissan Leaf Nismo RC, looks like two leafs backed into each other

4 Likes

Probably doesn’t apply to anyone here, but I thought this was good.

5 Likes

Yeah, that was a struggle for me for a bit. :joy:

I managed to hold out tho.

1 Like

Good man.
I’m probably going to fail. I got stuff to route all my ABS sensor wires to one ABS sensor with the flick of a switch, so I can disable the traction control completely.

No idea if this is going to work. Lol

2 Likes

on what car?

the spark?

Yeah… I’m tired of having tread on my tires. /s Lol

If it works, I might be able to send a false signal to the car to make it think it’s doing 35mph, which will allow me to have 100% from a dig (the spark doesn’t allow full power until 35mph).

1 Like

They don’t have a tuning solution for this?

Not in the slightest. Chevy has to have something somewhere, but I haven’t been able to to find even the sight hint that it exists. It’s been unfortunately how little I’ve found for it.

The Bolt shares somewhat similar parts with the Spark, so maybe something will turn up for it that might happen to work with the Spark. IDK

I’d like to just swap in a speed controller, but I can’t find anything that will out put neer the kind of power my Spark does now.

Battery is 400 volts and the stock speed controller can dump 120kwh into the motor. It only has a 19kw battery though. Lol

Is250 OEM head unit sh#t the bed. A new one is $$$$, so enter, aftermarket.

I think they were designed with markets other than usdm in mind, there are a number of shortcomings, but some fixable with apps and some hardware hacking.

12vdc to 6vdc regulator and RCA tap assembled to get my rear cam working

5 Likes

@SgtAwesomesauce I’m really starting to get the itch to get a miata. Tell me again why not NA?

1 Like

I’ll start my car lounging with this: Got myself new car few days ago :slight_smile:

2017, about 40k so far. 1,4L TSI engine and automatic transmission.

And my car history thus far:

Past:
Saab 900 -96 (my first love, no turbo)
Saab 9-3 -02, turbo, still miss that car :sob:
Opel Karl -15

And current:
VW Jetta

4 Likes

Nice! That thing looks brand new!

Edit:

Ah Swedish and Chevy. I like your taste.

1 Like

Thanks! It’s 2017 model, don’t want to get brand new. Don’t know about the states but in here new cars lose roughly 10% of their value once you drive them out from the dealership.

Maybe I will buy brand new car when I’m filthy rich :stuck_out_tongue: which is never :smile:

We should start up L1T Swedish car club :wink:

Was considering Volvo V40 -2016 but got better deal on VW. Maybe next time.

1 Like

Because

1. Creaks and rattles.
  2. Too expensive
  3. Nb makes 40 more hp and has vvt!
  4. NC block is capable of fuck you power.
  5. ND is the one you want. (find it used)
2 Likes

I was really thinking about kmiata

you think the nc block is really better than kswap?

yes I do want an nd but arent they kind not great, too heavy, too slow?