L1's Garage

AFAIK we are yet to get Nuclear Fusion net energy positive. There are 3 different designs in experimentation phase.
Wendelstein7X is active, ITER is beeing built and the US project I lost track off.

Wendelstein7X and ITER both have magnetic fields strong enough to kill humans when near to them, the US design requires huge lasers.

TL;DR Fusion, if possible on Earth, is for powerplants only.

[x] Doubt… Humanity is progressing slowly and steadily towards a future where we may even find energy sources far greater or more efficient than fusion. I.e I suppose one day we might be capable of building dyson spheres around spinning black holes for example… All sci fi is rooted in science :slight_smile:

There is nothing more efficent then turning matter into energy.
The question is how much do the surrounding components take off.

I would not be so optimistic about that. We mostly stall out, have a collapse and make progress when rebuilding.

Spinning black holes do it better than we can with fusion I thought?

We are wildly off topic… I love this

1 Like

We are on topic as can be! Black hole powered transportation!

2 Likes

Randomly found my dream car on a Facebook post.
Yes, the Chevy Monsenhor is very much a Mercedes-Benz guy as well.

Its a Brabus modified Mercedes S600 W140 with CLS63 carbon ceramic brakes and W222 interior elements.
This thing has to be from a russian mobster.

4 Likes

Damn feel like I need to take off my shoes before getting in.

2 Likes

Heck yeah… L1 Garage Merges with science lounge… xD like when all the lounges got linked into one that day OMG that was great

Looks bad ass
I have a weakness for anthracite and white rims

3 Likes

Yeah buddy ETHANOL for the win

I would so love to get a ride in the 2 seater.

1 Like

After Jeremy Clarkson making me depressed by reminding me I could buy a barely used vehicle for 4,500$ in 1992. I want another beer.

Yeah but it would take you more than a year of saving with out spending a penny to even purchase it.
Where as you can make $4500 in 2.5 months at minimum wage.

1 Like

Wrong, its already here

5 Likes

Troll lol

What are friends and parents for?

To not be taken advantage of? I dunno.

Hello. Friends and family 90’s.

download%20(2)

When you realize this is not iRacing and you can’t simply keystroke your way out of a torn up car:

2 Likes