L1's Garage

2 Likes

Now this is a soft top for a bronco that doesn’t look hokey looking.

OKAY you MIGHT have convinced me on the 2.7 … Fuel economy is great and the turbos dont fail often and are easy to lengthen the life of…

say a catch can system on the ecoboost basically removes the issue with direct injection right?

@SgtAwesomesauce have you had good experiences with catch cans on DI systems yet or know anybody that has?

1 Like

carpet shampoo…the kind that foams, if you can’t make a thick layer of foam with it it won’t work. Use a medium stiffness brush and do that until you see the dirt coming out into the foam. repeat till clean.

keep going.

Painted and installed the rollpan today. Started polishing the bed corners and tailgate to see how close the rattlecan paint was. Good enough for me! There’s so much wear on the rest of the body its not worth paying a shop to paint one piece when the whole truck needs done.

Such a pretty color though. Don’t think I would change it.

Got some new mirrors and a CAI to install yet.

2 Likes

I hope you convinced yourself lol. I definitely don’t want to push anyone in any direction. I try to just lay out options and share what I like about them, and since I’m a boost guy I heavily lean towards the eco boost, but you did mention boosting the 5.0 which sounds like a fantastic option to me.

It’s look good man. I like the flush bumper. Bet those tires don’t hold the power at all though. lol

1 Like

It would be epic but then I think use case? Why would I EVER need that kind of power. Rather I would probably take the route of making the 2.7 or 5.0 as economically friendly as possible. Reducing emissions by running E85 or in the 5.0’s case E85+Propane Autogas duel fuel

Can you not run propane on the 2.7?

Im not very sure?

Do you see any potential problems? Boost wouldn’t be a problem right?

It shouldn’t be it has an octane rating of 95 minimum. They dont cold start well at least without a proper tune… so Thats why Gasoline or E85 should be used to warm up the engine if tuned properly. Problem is both E85 and Autogas (propane LPG) are not as regulated

It pisses me off that most manufacturers wont optimize for cold starts and rather use Gasohol. I think the problems have went away circa 2010 upward

However @TeckMonster 2.7 does not come with a convert kit only the 5.0

1 Like

Spins even when being easy.

Installing these with some 10" tires soonish.

1 Like

Holy crap! Those are the exact same wheels I wanted for my truck. Those are going to look great on yours.

Hmm, now I feel like I need to look for something else. Lol
I’ve been keeping an eye on Camaro and Corvette wheels, but I want something with a bit of a dish that won’t look out of place with the rounded truck body.

Edit: I first noticed those wheels when I watched this video, and that when I wanted them.

Confirmed only 5.0 so honestly say 3 to 5 years from now buying a used f150 king ranch or platinum will be worth the money

4x4 … 6 ft 2 bed super crew… Will have the ultimate truck setup for going that route not to mention all the bells and whistles… Including led headlights…

That will be a steal or seeing how much a new xlt is with 5.0 and what not then do all self upgrades with cosmetics etc… Led headlights on a truck are must now in my opinion…

And about the last vestiges of OE shit that needs to be replaced has been removed from my car… new spark plugs and coolant at just over 100K miles.

Also… this… final fucking ly:

2 Likes

So are you wanting to buy used, and in about 4 years or are you just saying they’ll be a good deal in about 4 years?

They will be mostly depreciated. Then it makes sense to buy and mod it and restore anythings that off

1 Like

That makes sense, and you’ll know if they’re good vehicles.

Basically my thoughts. Then I can get an amazing truck and upgrade it to what I want.

My question is how hard is it to get hardened vales for LPG