L1's Garage

Saw this clean classic while I was in town.

Kinda an odd day to pull out a classic split window Stingray. Still glad I got to see it though.

2 Likes

Or you could just build your own from the ground up. Lol
That’s what I’m doing with my 4dr S10. Got the chassis I wanted (small, 4+ seats, truck bed, and decent tow capacity), then I through the transmission I wanted (NV3500 5 speed manual) in it (it’ll do for now), and now I just need to swap the engine I want (5.3 LS), later I want to add a 400 lb-ft electric motor in it as well.
Should be a really good Jack of all trades when I’m done.

Not sure. I don’t really know much about propane or LPG.

As much as Id love to… Im a fan of the modern 5.0 truck engine and the ride in new trucks is unparralleled… old leafsprings are just roguh LOL…

Its stupid clean burning. Almost eliminates the need for a Catalytic converter… its a pretty amazing fuel… less fuel mileage of course… but phenomenal

1 Like

Uh, yeah, catch cans are important on any system. IDK why DI matters in regards to a catch can.

In port injection there is less worry of build up due to constant spraying of gasoline… in DI none such exists

and how was your forum vacation haah

It was nice. Seems like the forum died without me. Glad to be needed. :stuck_out_tongue:

Been hitting the gym 5x a week now. Feelsgoodman

True, but the concern that catch cans address is not so much the buildup, but improper mixtures. You don’t want to get a bunch of oil in the charge pipes on a high performance engine. It can cause knock or inconsistent power numbers or other shit like that.

2 Likes

That was Tavarsh’s problem on the lambo he did, it cause a lot of smoking and what not, one he was able to get the excess oil drain out of the turbo’s the fuel mixture was a lot better.

When you’re actively pumping oil into the intake it’s a bad thing, for a number of reasons.

Rehabing my foot but excersising where I can… Been on keto for 4 weeks now… its really working out pounds are just falling out…

This is true. If installed right they can filter all the stuff that goes into the intake too… its PCV that causes a ton of buildup on the valves of DI engines and it sucks… its literally fucks the engine over

Catch can plus propane auto gas F150 … man now thats a very clean running engine

2 Likes

Update on E85 and 87 half n half.

Normaly MPG with 87 is about 14.7 or so.

Currently I’m at 13.7 mpg after three days (didn’t drive Saturday, in-town driving Sunday, normal work driving yesterday and today).

I have done the normal type of driving I’d do by now, but I want to wait til Friday to get a more solid number.

No noticeable difference in power, smoothness, etc.

Currently getting 93% of normal fuel efficiency at ~90% if the price (assuming you get gas at the cheapest stations. There is much more savings if you normally go to Shell/Chevron). E85 is about 79% of the cost of the cheapest 87, so I get the ~90% from halving the price savings due to the fact that I’m running half n half. I expect the savings will improve slightly with full E85. I do not expect to get the same fuel economy, but assuming it doesn’t drop drastically, the ratio will work in my favor.

1 Like

Learned something new

Also Idaho state trooper is most bad ass car

1 Like

This is all well out of date.

CA has 75 in a number of areas…

AZ has felony speed at 85. (AZ sucks)

1 Like

We have purple and pink too.

Also that explains why I haven’t gotten a ticket yet. I almost always do 80mph on the freeway.

1 Like

Oh don’t forget gold
images

Or blue and orange

1 Like

Idaho stopped enforcing strictly you can now go up 15 over passing somebody … Its actually prevented accidents

Done 95 past a trooper no lights no issue

Same, in CA.

Go 78 past a cop in AZ, they fucking light me up.

Fuck AZ

The honestly don’t care on our highways until 100+ … Unless they are running a focused patrol. They have radar aircraft and drones now though for that.

We gave nothing out on our open roads so speeding isn’t much of an issue except in the Boise metropolitan area

There shouldn’t be a speed limit on open roads.

2 Likes

I disagree… Our roads are disasters due to not taking federal funding and not accepting the 65 mph federal speed limit. We don’t have the road conditions to support 100+

Except on the concrete stretches of interstate which Idaho chose to keep as its better than asphalt

1 Like