L1's Garage

Yup, I just threw the package in the back seat though.
I just thought it was funny how I couldn’t put them both in the back.
#clowncar

2 Likes

Dream car right tharr:

2 Likes

We’ll would you look at what’s for sale near me.

3 Likes

That looks awful familiar…

Rims are wrong though, so at least I know it’s not this friend’s Subie. Model being different and all as well (now that I look at it again).

1 Like

That’s a sharp looking Subaru. It’s also missing the 4 inch lift.

I don’t know where your located, and if you even interested, but here’s the link. It’s in Idaho.

I can’t find it anywhere else other then FB though.

I think hers has a 2" lift, but my memory is fuzzy, it’s been a couple years. The original tires would’ve been way smaller and I was told there was some wrangling to get the BFG KO’s in there.

I will be moving that direction soon… :thinking:

Sounds like It’s meant for you.

Is that why your looking at getting a smaller truck?

Yeah, I won’t be driving every day (not that I do now either though) and do not want a hulk like the Silverado, it’ll just be impractical in the city I’ll be living in.

Just need to get yourself a little car in addition then. I’ve got that clown car that cost me $3.5 a week for me to daily, and 4dr S10 (for anything my car can’t do) that would/did cost $30 a week to daily.

This is the ideal set up IMO.

Edit: actually since you don’t/wouldn’t be driving every day my setup probably wouldn’t make sense for you. You probably would be better off with just a small truck.

1 Like

Took the Miata out for an extended hoon this morning. (aka getting groceries) works well and the brakes make this awesome whirring sound when I’m braking now. It’s now a true race car.

2 Likes

All clean for the first time in a month:

Brakes on and the rotors and pads are now friends:

And here’s the Benz all clean:

2 Likes

If it’s the 22RE that mileage is probably fine. If it’s the 3.0 kinda risky will probably need work soon if it hasn’t already been done.

1 Like

It is indeed the 22RE.

1 Like
2 Likes

found the perfect Toyota pickup while I was out of town (fucking figures) and this is my current struggle bus. He pulled the listing last night.

Lets hope the buyer tries to last minute negotiate so I have a chance.

1 Like

Damn, that sucks. :frowning:

I’ve got like a month and a half till the weather gets shitty to find something and at the rate it’s going I’m getting worried…

Post a WTB ad?

I might.

We got a bunch done on Saturday night. Removed everything related to the auto from the harness. Installed new axles, put the exhaust back together, programmed the ECU to manual, verified cruise and revese lights worked. Waiting for the power steering line, as the auto goes over the transmission while the manual goes under. That should arrive Wednesday.

So, Wednesday night we should be done. Just have to do some coolant stuff, the power steering line, and change out the valve cover. Probably a couple more small wiring things, then it’s done.

Edit: Here’s a sort of before picture of the wire harness mess:

1 Like