L1's Garage

I think Facebook thinks I like old MGs

1 Like

So I saw one of these at the local flea market, which is funny because they dont sell them in the US as far as I can tell

2 Likes

Nope, Chevy Montana sold in Latin America and “emerging markets” according to wikipedia.

I know, it would make sense if it’s a manufacturer test mule but it was driven by some random guy. Saw one of Dodge’s similar utes a while back too.

1 Like

Getting closer.

After we got it in my buddy was like “There, three pedals, exactly as God fucking intended.”

4 Likes

Guess my dream of building a methanol supra might not be the best idea

1 Like

Well, just be prepared to rebuild the engine a few times a year.

Honestly though, E85 should be enough.

We barely have that here, they even phased out most of the 98 octane(US 93/94)

Damn, that’s too bad. We have two E85 stations in the region. It’s quite BS, but that’s California for ya.

We don’t have 93 here either. California is the most expensive and shittiest fuel available.

1 Like

There’s a reason why methanol injection is only ran on race applications.

Most places in Maine are 87/89/91, although I’ve been seeing many gas stations going 87/91 or some going just 87. Usually a diesel pump as well.

Methanol scares the shit out of me with them invisible fires. Like shit, at least let me see that im on fucking fire.

93 is pretty much everywhere PA from what I see on the west side. Diesel not so much, usually the larger stations will have 2 pumps, and highway stations all have em.

Ouch I would not do well in Maine I’m 93 only

Any tips on how to fix a cracked dashboard?

Depends on how deep.

You’re going to have to remove the dash, but essentially, some dashboards are plastic with a leather/pleather cover “glued” on, (my cars are) and you can peel them off, use some sort of cleaner to prep the surface, buy new leather, adhesive it back on and replace the dash.

1 Like

Alright, looking at a budget vehicle for new location as I’ll be selling the Silverado. I really like the older Toyota trucks, any thoughts on a '92 pickup (pre-Tacoma) asking $3500 from a dealership? 193k miles, sparse details but I don’t see any body rust on photos, standard cab, free VIN check looks good enough (could be a salvage but at this price who cares), 4WD automatic transmission (I suck at manual).

Plan (if it’s still available in 3 weeks) would be to set up a test drive and take it to a mechanic for a quick once-over. Would pay cash outright, no loan to deal with.

2 Likes

Sounds like a solid plan to me.

Midday Miata update: brakes work! Spent the late morning doing a bit of hooning to get the brakes bedded and they’re damn good.

Next up, wideband wiring.

2 Likes

End of night update: I got distracted cleaning the garage. No car work since fixing the brakes, but I can now fit both cars in!

Also am now going to a local brewery taking part in a darts championship.

1 Like

Lol. I’m impressed with the lack of space in the back of my Spark. I couldn’t get that Dell and Box in the back of my car (not even close).

1 Like

Folding seats?