L1's Garage

Haha IDK. I bought it that way, but it has a sweet AF Rhino Line (thick and professionally installed), so I don’t want to poke a hole in it to enable my bed to rust (though I’ll probably replace the bed some time). I could just drop the tailgate but I was having fun seeing how long it would hold water. Still has water in it.

Taken at 3:03 PM

Fill it up, and do a brake check going 40mph

3 Likes

Don’t tempt me. I’m not smart enough to know better then to do that.

3 Likes

that much water would be VERY heavy.

2 Likes

Which would be fun.

2 Likes

Now your challenging me haha.

1 Like

You should fill it 2/3 of the way and see how fast you can accelerate/brake without losing water lol

1 Like

Can your truck even hit 40mph with that much water in there?

It’s governed at 98, and it hits it easy even with the limited power it has right now, so I’d say yeah.

F it. I’mma send it.

1 Like

SEND IT!

1 Like

I’ll record it

2 Likes

As all good scientists must.

1 Like

Zip discs are the most likely to explode.
https://www.walter.com/en_CA/products/abrasives/cutting
They are very thin [less than 1 mm. ] and if there is the slightest twist in orientation the disc grabs and then explodes. Been there, done that.
Wear leather gloves and a face shield with safety glasses under the face shield. It wouldn’t hurt to have neck protection as well.

That said, zip discs are my go to for trimming off thin metal like what you need to do.

I’m not really a car person, but what would be some of the things to look for when searching for a used hybrid?

I’ve been thinking of getting something in the 2012 era.

Chevy Volt, 63 miles of pure electric
BMW i3, about 100 miles of pure electric

those are the only reasonably priced hybird in that era I’d recommend.

Is full electric out of the question?

There’s not really the infrastructure here for full electric cars.

There’s not here either, but I still daily a 2013 Nissan Leaf, and it cost me less then $20 a month (My work is highway 30 miles away (60 miles a day), and I work 5 days a week)

You can charge it off of 120v plugs.

1 Like

Same, although I do 10 or 12 hour shifts. So only 3 or 4 days a week.

Currently driving an '02 Toyota Avalon. Starting to get up there in miles.

1 Like

If you want to go older you can get a 1st gen Honda Insight that gets 60 mpg easy.

1 Like

How the hell is anyone supposed to service those back wheels?

Edit: prolly by rotating the tire. But thats gross.