L1's Garage

Wait, a power company wants to go all electric?

So how are they going to drive to fix the power when it goes out?

This will end well for us.

1 Like

They are heavily looking into Hydrogen, but yeah the irony wasn’t lost on me.

2 Likes

“in theory”

It will just be more expensive. As in they will have to station fleets close enough to areas likely to fail frequently so they can go back and forth a lot on existing energy. Even with hydrogen

That said, your scenario isn’t likely to happen because if it does happen, we’re pretty fucked up. A black start is an incredibly difficult situation. And at that point it almost doesn’t matter whether your vehicles can move or not. There’s a lot of chaos that can happen during a black start

Lol

3 Likes

thank God for ceramic coats. Fucking road paint truck on the highway burst a hose. Paint all over our cars. It dried… before i got to a carwash and the high pressure soap pushed it off like it was dust

3 Likes

@psycho_666

You can bookmark posts on the forum. Here’s the link per your lounge request.

If you lose it after this. There’s no hope :troll:

So my id4 pro s awd left the plant on the 23rd 4-5 weeks to bmore then 2-3 weeks to dealer looks like I should end up with it before end of the year so full credit for me. I’ll take pics when it showes up

Good luck on the timing. It’ll probably get here just in time for Christmas lol

I expect November with enough padding for safe bet prior to end of year

1 Like

I’m just hyped for no more Honda Fit, been taking that’s and leaving the Volvo incase wife need to take the kid anywhere

Nobody deserves a Honda Fit.

What’s wrong with the fit?

It’s worse than the Element in every way.

And for a long time, the Element was the worst car in production. (PT Cruiser close second)

There are so many junked PTs down here in Baja. This is where they go to die and be reclaimed.

2 Likes

That’s why we have a few FCEV buses up here.

1 Like

Ive said it before. Heavy industry needs hydrogen not BEVs. Same goes with heavy transpo

1 Like

Looking forward to YouTube’s Engineering Explained to explain the new Ranger Raptors electronic suspension, 4wd system and turbo anti lag that is carb legal (I assume it’s done via very adjustable electronic cam control). Anti lag that is OEM with a warranty is fascinating

2 Likes

It’s the same “anti-lag” system that the bronco and the GT use were there’s an extra electronic throttlebody that bypasses air from the intake before the true throttlebody into the turbo; it’s basically just a bov that’s plumbed back into the hot side of the turbo and is electronically controlled.

That doesn’t sound entirely practical (one electric TB can do the job, and no need for additional plumbing) but it makes it easier to Google.

So it’s simply programming to use the TB to allow airflow but just cut fuel and spark. Wouldn’t be surprised if they throw in some aggressive valve duration too.

1 Like

Woah woah woah.

When Ford does it, it’s “innovative” and “cool”

But when I do that, I’m “disturbing the peace” and a “criminal”

Nothing like unburnt fuel hitting the exhaust manifold, amirite?

3 Likes